Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if you are going to be installing electronic goodies and are going to be adding switches to the panel with the spare spaces in the dash, which are the switches of choice? And does one take a dremel and cut out the holes for them, or do they pop out? They look like they have to be cut.. ?

·
1,563 Posts
So, if you are going to be installing electronic goodies and are going to be adding switches to the panel with the spare spaces in the dash, which are the switches of choice? And does one take a dremel and cut out the holes for them, or do they pop out? They look like they have to be cut.. ?
What made it fast and easy for me was to drill a hole in the corners just inside the line and then I took a jigsaw blade in a small vise grip and cut between the holes. Cleaned up with a hand file. Did all my dash and switch holes in under an hr.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i use the switches you find at west marine they are the only switches we have found that can be fully submerged and still work time and time again they are about 25 bucks but well worth it

·
1,563 Posts
Alaskan, when you did your switches, is there a way to pull the switch panel out, or did you do it in place ?
If I sent you the instructions for the heater install it is covered in there.
It shows how to pop the dash apart. You pop the big box out by pulling down on the upper lip and pulling out. Once that is out you can pull the switch panel out.

Reactions: Jprimes

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I took the switch panel out, I noticed that the factory winch switch, had a removable connector on it, that held the quick disconnect female spade connectors in a housing that slipped right on over the switch, instead of 5 or more individual wires when you have to remove the switch or panel... Anyone have a source for these ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get the oem switches? I would like to have them look the same as the factor headlights, 4wd and winch.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What made it fast and easy for me was to drill a hole in the corners just inside the line and then I took a jigsaw blade in a small vise grip and cut between the holes. Cleaned up with a hand file. Did all my dash and switch holes in under an hr.
similar here too. Drill a hole and then I used an utility knife.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I cheated I used a razer knife and heated it and cut it really nice then very little trimming and good to go!

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I took the switch panel out, I noticed that the factory winch switch, had a removable connector on it, that held the quick disconnect female spade connectors in a housing that slipped right on over the switch, instead of 5 or more individual wires when you have to remove the switch or panel... Anyone have a source for these ?

OTRATTW has the removable connectors, be sure to buy the correct wire spades and pliers to crimp them on.

Reactions: RockinRonnie
1 - 20 of 21 Posts