Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have gotten all the lights on the rig and all the wire run..... the question i have is this i want to have the lights on the Acc power with out popping the 10 amp fuse? i can run the light off terminal block but i don't want them to be powered on with out the key on.... ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
That is what a relay is used for you use the acc. power to the switch and when you turn switch on it turns the relay on. Then the relay pulls power from battery to the light and not from the acc. side! Hope that makes since!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
And here's a link to an excellent video of how to wire up a relay for just such purposes:

I ran a #8 red jacketed, stranded copper wire from the battery, through the tunnel between the seats, and up to the "under hood" area. There you can mount the relay and wire it in.

If you search for my posts, you'll find several on how I wired my accessories, battery post upgrades...a whole lot of helpful information.

Just thoughts,

Pirate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you! i was losing my mind a little first time with anything like this big learning curve.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Ask you shall receive! :wink2:

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 6 of 6 Posts