Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about getting one of the Polaris OEM front/hood racks (Front Hood Storage Rack) to go on my machine, and want to make sure it will fit, and that it usable with mirrors that mount to the front roof supports?

Also wondering if anyone has mounted the headache rack one LnR spot back from the rear "window"? I have a large bag that I hang off the back of the roof (spans the whole width of the machine) and would like to keep it there, but strap my 30" spare to the headache rack behind it. Not sure if it would work, and wondering in anyone else has tried it? I am imagining it looking something like this (though I have a 4 seater)...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have to OEM hood rack for my '18 G4 and have never gotten the [email protected] thing to fit correctly. It's like the front bumper is 1/2 too close and everything is out of place from their. I bought the rack the same day I bought my ride and it still sites on the bench. I'll be reaching out to Polaris shorty......again.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of the Polaris OEM front/hood racks (Front Hood Storage Rack) to go on my machine, and want to make sure it will fit, and that it usable with mirrors that mount to the front roof supports?

Also wondering if anyone has mounted the headache rack one LnR spot back from the rear "window"? I have a large bag that I hang off the back of the roof (spans the whole width of the machine) and would like to keep it there, but strap my 30" spare to the headache rack behind it. Not sure if it would work, and wondering in anyone else has tried it? I am imagining it looking something like this (though I have a 4 seater)...
View attachment 70496
I have the oem hood rack on my 2020 XP4 with the Seizmik pursuit night vision mirrors. I used the Seizmik mirrors mounts and everything fits perfect. If you have the Ride Command option, the hood mounted antenna will have to be moved or just unscrew the mast and fold the base mount over. Cant help ya on the back rack. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for getting back to me...

I have to OEM hood rack for my '18 G4 and have never gotten the [email protected] thing to fit correctly. It's like the front bumper is 1/2 too close and everything is out of place from their. I bought the rack the same day I bought my ride and it still sites on the bench. I'll be reaching out to Polaris shorty......again.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I just ordered the bed extender and headeache rack from Amazon, figured if it didnt work out for me I can return them. Was going to get one of the racks from one of the fabricators (Razor Back, SX Customs, etc) but kept reading horror stories about the bed rails warping, and decided to go OEM. I am hoping my plan works, if not I might have to pick up the front rack (might eventually anyway) to mount my bag on.

I have the oem hood rack on my 2020 XP4 with the Seizmik pursuit night vision mirrors. I used the Seizmik mirrors mounts and everything fits perfect. If you have the Ride Command option, the hood mounted antenna will have to be moved or just unscrew the mast and fold the base mount over. Cant help ya on the back rack. Hope that helps!
Sounds like it might work then, if I end up needing it :) I do have the antenna to deal with, though I only use Bluetooth for tunes so it shouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The headache rack won't go back and fit the other holes I did try it .
Okay, that makes sense due to the beds taper, which I was not considering, thank you. I think I am going to end up fabricating a small addition to the headache rack so that I can have a vertical "wall" aft of my spare tire (with it strapped to headache rack) to mount my large bag to. By doing that and using the bed extender I should have enough space to also have my large trunk with all my tools, recovery gear, snacks, etc inside, and I should be able to fit a cooler in there somewhere too. I am trying to avoid the aftermarket racks, as I have read many stories of people bending their bed frames using them. I may also reinforce my bed frame also just in case (especially if I decide to add more vertical storage).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Payload of the bed is 600 but the sides will warp easy . Maybe make something like a sled deck for snowmobiles and build it from the bed floor instead of the sides .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts