Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone add A-Arm guards yet? Only ones I am aware of are the Polaris HMW guards at $200 for each end. I have not seen them. Anyone have an pics? I suspect the RZR A-Arm guards will fit and there are a lot of aftermarket options for RZR.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Any of the RZR 1000S guards should work as they are supposedly the same. I would recommend the UHMW ones. They won't dent or tear like the aluminum ones and they slide over rocks much better also. This holds true to skids also. Many of us crazy California folks do a lot of knarly Rock crawling and the UHMW skids have been the only thing that holds up and distributes the shock of a hard hit. We have seen several cars with aluminum skids suffer fatal damage to both engines and transmissions. Skids are not a place to skimp on money. Look at it like an insurance policy, $700-1000 to protect your $30,000 machine.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of the RZR 1000S guards should work as they are supposedly the same. I would recommend the UHMW ones. They won't dent or tear like the aluminum ones and they slide over rocks much better also. This holds true to skids also. Many of us crazy California folks do a lot of knarly Rock crawling and the UHMW skids have been the only thing that holds up and distributes the shock of a hard hit. We have seen several cars with aluminum skids suffer fatal damage to both engines and transmissions. Skids are not a place to skimp on money. Look at it like an insurance policy, $700-1000 to protect your $30,000 machine.
Thanks. I had a 1/2" UHMW Trail Armor skid on my Ranger and loved it. Expensive though.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Part #'s for stock guards match up to the RZR.

Parts | Polaris General Store

Parts | Polaris RZR Side-by-side Store

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have Trail Armor on my A-arms. They mount very easy and hold up well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts