Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two Cipherauto 5 pt strap setups.. unbolted the two seatbelts and one shoulder restraint from each side and attached the harness clips straight on, not needing the ring bolts that came with them...
Not so sure on the best way to attach the shoulder straps.. some good way to wrap them around the metal bar behind the seats? Or have to drill them out for the ring mounts? Weld on hoops?
Also wonder if there is any easy way to cut shoulder harness ports out in these seats.. ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up..

I ended up wrapping them around the rear support behind the seats... just took the spring hook off the straps, wrapped around the bar, then fed back through the buckle... used tape to secure them for now, will find something more elegant later.. Also in removing the factory belts, cut off the wire to the seatbelt latch, that limits you to 15 mph when not connected,, soldered the wires together, covered it with heat shrink, and took care of that! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whilst nosing around, noticed where the dealer installed the sound bar, the wiring had no protection going through from the frame into the roll bar,,, sheesh.. had to pull the dash to install the half windshield, so put it inside some split loom at the junction... set up fee.... sheesh.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks nice Paul...
I did end up buying some SS eye hooks, SS washers and Nylock nuts, and drilling them in.. The rings that came with my belts were no long enough... Plus these are SS ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts