Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems to always hang up at the bottom exit where it meets the dash. I use a small solid wire and feed it from the bottom, then pull through the top hole. Easiest way I've found to get around the tight bend at the bottom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to always hang up at the bottom exit where it meets the dash. I use a small solid wire and feed it from the bottom, then pull through the top hole. Easiest way I've found to get around the tight bend at the bottom.
Yeah I tried going from the bottom first too and kept getting hung up somewhere near the top. It was frustrating but I worked through it. I like the new accessory plugs under the hood, I thought it ended up with a cleaner look than the old post style.

·
Registered
45 Posts
PwhiteOKC,

Looks great,

Which light bar and brackets did you go with?

Do you have a close up or side pic of brackets/light bar?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PwhiteOKC,

Looks great,

Which light bar and brackets did you go with?

I got them on Amazon. They are the same one Corbo1962 used on his Pepe thread in the builds forum.

Light bar: Rigidhorse 42 Inch LED Light Bar... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCNYV6P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mounts: Dasen For Polaris General 1000... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLNHDD7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wiring harness: Nilight 10011W 16AWG Wiring... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TYH2VN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Everything was pretty good quality except for the mounts. They had a couple spots missing paint and had rust when I received them, so I had to clean them up and repaint. The fit was really good though. And I'd probably make my own wiring next time, that one is wired where it is always hot and cant be set to activate the relay with the ignition. I'll add some more pics soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PwhiteOKC,

Here are some more pics. Also snapped one of the wiring. That harness was designed for you to splice into the dash gauge lights to activate the backlight for the switch, but I used the ignition power from under the hood instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
How bad is the glare off the hood? The plastic center section of the hood is matte (flat) black and should be pretty good on reflective glare. It looks like you could paint or wrap matte black on the top of the front fenders as well and reap the full benefits of your off road light bar.
Wonder if anyone has done this to their rigs?

Nice clean install on your off road light bar!!
BC

·
Registered
369 Posts
Power bar

Here are some more pics. Also snapped one of the wiring. That harness was designed for you to splice into the dash gauge lights to activate the backlight for the switch, but I used the ignition power from under the hood instead.
I sure do like the new power bar for accessories, I looked it up and you can switchover to this type for around $50.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts