Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those A arm lifts are just for A arm clearance, thats the bend they put in them instead of the straight ones that come on it.. To gain tire clearance you need to install a lift. It bolts up to the upper shock position on the frame. Waiting for High Lifter to make one. Just installed both A arm and lift on a new Ranger 900XP last weekend. The A arms did nothing for larger tires it still sat the same way as stock till we added the lift.. That was High Lifters anyway and dont think SATV would be any different. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Believe what you want A arms alone dont raise the ride. The only way this can happen is if the shock is positioned in a different spot and or ANGLE on the A arm I like to keep things at a bit more stock settings. If not thats when youll need the Rhino axles to eliminate binding. Maybe thats there set up. Then it becomes very expensive not $300 some bucks just for the arms.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My point was lift kits will be available soon. Look in the lower right of the newsletter above.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run them with stock axels and shocks the bend in them give a little more ground clearens and are havyer then stock one have not had any issues on my 900S

·
1,560 Posts
limekist green 71, just when I said I ain't putting one more dime into this machine you had to post that picture! Really?! You got it out for me or what!
(Nice, keep it up)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the a arms do actually do something for tires size since most a arms are either 1.5 or 2 inch forward and rear, have a buddy with arched forward and rearward a arms on a 900s and has 34 inch terms on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks really good. I'm glad I read your blog. I thought the a arms added a couple inches as well as 2" of lift. Guess not.

I'm wanting to add a couple inches of height for clearance, but don't want to go more than that considering price and changing a lot of things in the general. Do you think someone will come out with a kit like that?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And doubledarin the lift from s3 powersports is going to be a 3" won't have to change axles or anything mine will be here Wednesday

·
Registered
197 Posts
And doubledarin the lift from s3 powersports is going to be a 3" won't have to change axles or anything mine will be here Wednesday
Is it a new lift kit or is that the one for the 800S?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts