Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? While I seriously want to buy a nice new set of beadlockers to go with these, I don't know that I actually need them, the 14" Polaris wheels seem decent, and nobody is paying jack for brand new take offs with wheels and tires. I'm reading great things about the Crawler XG and it looks like it will handle all of the riding I do and do at least as well as the stock tire in the mud.

Anyway, do I go stock wheels or get a sweet set of beadlocks? In my typical fashion, I priced the OMF wheels I liked and they were literally the most expensive wheel they make at almost $750 per wheel! Plan B, looking at the Hiper F Spec Raptor. https://hiper-technology.com/product/raptor/

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shoot, now I am seeing that those Raptor wheels only come in 15". This means that I would either have to go to a 32" Crawler, which is likely to big without a lift, even with my arched and forward arms. Or might not look right anyway. I can go 30" Hammers, but the Crawler XG is what I keep hearing about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
30-10-14's all the way around Not a fan of different size front and back. When they're the same you can rotate Here in the dez ya burn about two sets of tears to one set of fronts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point! Lots of wheel spin in the sand, but sure is fun to ride in! Plus, nice to only need a single spare if doing longer rides. Not sure if I will buy a 5th or not. Never had a spare for any quads, but a lot easier to limp one of those back to base!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I don't need bead locks but they sure look nice Will wait till stock tires need replaced before I spring for the new set with bead locks . I like the Crawler XG or the Rocktane XD. but may change mind before the time comes! I think I'm going with the 15'' or 16'' when I do change them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to jump to a 15 or 16" but in order to do that with the Crawlers, it looks like you also have to go to a 32" tire, which I don't think will work well with no lift and just the 1.5" forward, arched arms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts