Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best/recommended option for mounting a 30” (51 lb) spare tire in a G4….and go!

Note: I’ll be using this in Alaska, and would rather carry the spare and a patch kit vs just the patch kit. I’ve no desire to be 2+ hours down the trail with a damaged wheel and have to leave the ride out there to retrieve the spare from the trailer with a buddy’s ride. Just want to clear that up before the slew of “just leave the spare behind” recommendations. ;) Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dragonfire makes a mount that bolts on the front bed rail. It’s original mounting bolts that go through the bed but I put additional bolts so it can handle the Baja and not deform the bed plastic.

Cheers Baja Charlie
image.jpg

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
599 Posts
I built my own.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
599 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the Polaris headache rack, and just strapped my spare to it. Being in the desert I totally understand not wanting to travel back a few hours to grab a spare (had that happen to someone else on a ride, and we were 2.5 hours out, so it was about 5 hours for them to get the spare and get back to the machine).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well.....that’s the bad part! It will still tilt but the brackets hits the muffler. I don’t open my bed usually so it’s not a problem for me. However, the pins can be pulled and the tire and carrier can be removed in less than 2 minutes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks TC. I have a full rack as well and don't tilt much. I was looking at about the same design.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mine was originally designed that way buy it wouldn’t fit inside my enclosed trailer so I had to move it down.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Gigi,
that looks pretty cool with that spare axle there but is there a way to keep it from walking off? That’s what I’d be scared of!

·
Registered
2018 G2 with RC
3 Posts
TCampbell,
Couple things this is my really good friends 2020XP, in reference to just showing the rack that B’s Fab designed. This actually does fit in an enclosed trailer, the spare doesn’t stick up past the roof line because of the exact reason. I’m sure if you get a crazy offset it could create an issue. Both him and myself use a factory wheel and tire right now. It’s just a spare..

As for the axel it does take a tool to remove but let’s face it if they want it bad enough. There’s no stopping them. At this point he hasn’t had an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TCampbell,
Couple things this is my really good friends 2020XP, in reference to just showing the rack that B’s Fab designed. This actually does fit in an enclosed trailer, the spare doesn’t stick up past the roof line because of the exact reason. I’m sure if you get a crazy offset it could create an issue. Both him and myself use a factory wheel and tire right now. It’s just a spare..

As for the axel it does take a tool to remove but let’s face it if they want it bad enough. There’s no stopping them. At this point he hasn’t had an issue.
How can we get the price on one of these B's Fab racks?

·
Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
17 Posts

Note: I’ll be using this in Alaska, and would rather carry the spare and a patch kit vs just the patch kit. I’ve no desire to be 2+ hours down the trail with a damaged wheel and have to leave the ride out there to retrieve the spare from the trailer with a buddy’s ride. Just want to clear that up before the slew of “just leave the spare behind” recommendations. ;) Thanks!
I bought one from Hornet Outdoor. Goes into the reciever, so you loose the trailer hitch when tg he spare is mounted on. I'm not sure I would like the extra support resting on the muffler. Look it up at Hornetoutdoors.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How can we get the price on one of these B's Fab racks?
You can communicate w/B's Fab via Facebook. Yesterday, he told me that the racks are $690 bare steel or $740 with satin black powder coating. There's a wait list, but if you send him a PM, he'll add you to the list. He said there's no money down or commitment to buy necessary to get on the wait list.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought one from Hornet Outdoor. Goes into the reciever, so you loose the trailer hitch when tg he spare is mounted on. I'm not sure I would like the extra support resting on the muffler. Look it up at Hornetoutdoors.com.
That's my best lead so far, thanks. I've been checking out their U-4047S (swing-away spare mount w/19" length and an angled spare mount). I'd like to know if a 30x10x14 spare will fit on the General without hitting the tail gate.

Which version did you get, and which size spare is on it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts