Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yep. Put her in N, and give them a spin. The 2.0's are awesome for articulation, but I still don't like to see them running at more than 35 degrees for a long period of time.
Finally got a chance to tear into it. So I jacked it up and put a Digital Angle meter on the axle.

At full drop, 22.9 degrees.

I am in the process of pulling it all apart and putting it back together. But there has to be something else other than angle.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Finally got a chance to tear into it. So I jacked it up and put a Digital Angle meter on the axle.

At full drop, 22.9 degrees.

I am in the process of pulling it all apart and putting it back together. But there has to be something else other than angle.
That angle isn't bad at all. It shouldn't be binding due to angle.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nope, no other way....other than too much angle. Or...if you're on the gas and the tires are in the air...and then sudden stop, the axles should break before damaging the trans. Or locked up the tire in between some rocks or in a mud hole.
I am in the process of replacing the broken one. Then I am going to make sure I Go-Pro my entire ride Sunday and if one breaks again, I will upload it so hopefully someone might be able to figure this out. 4+ years and not a single broken axle, then 3 in 3 rides.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
That would certain tick a person off especially when there is no reason for it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That would certain tick a person off especially when there is no reason for it.
Can't find one.

Had this machine for 4.5 years and put close to 4K miles on it at Windrock, Brimstone, RRB, Hatfield McCoy, Rush and some dunes in Michigan. It's been on almost every black trail and a couple of double blacks at HM with no issues. Then break 3 axles on Green & Blue trails?????

It has been the inner cup all 3 times. I am starting to wonder if something in my rear diff is screwed up. Maybe the turf mode relay is kicking in and out without me knowing it. Or turf mode is about to blow.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Success. Rode a loop of mainly greens around Ivy Branch today and didn't break anything. I did finish the ride with a Black to get me back to the TH. It just has one long climb and didn't have any issues.

So off to Tennessee this Thursday. I will be taking spare axles and all the tools needed to change one just in case.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,214 Posts
Success. Rode a loop of mainly greens around Ivy Branch today and didn't break anything. I did finish the ride with a Black to get me back to the TH. It just has one long climb and didn't have any issues.

So off to Tennessee this Thursday. I will be taking spare axles and all the tools needed to change one just in case.
So what did you change other than axles... or do you think you just got 3 bad ones?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So what did you change other than axles... or do you think you just got 3 bad ones?
I took the suspension completely apart and put it all back together torquing everything to spec.

As for 3 bad axles, maybe 2. I had them from a year or so ago, but the 3rd was from this spring. So probably from a different mfg run.

Reactions: lueck89

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Good luck!

Reactions: Herdfan
21 - 31 of 31 Posts