Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Came across an issue this weekend and wanted to throw it out there. I had ordered a SuperATV 3" lift when I bought my Premium but after doing a little more research found that this kit changes the suspension geometry so went back to the dealer and asked them to swap out for the S3 3" lift instead. Kit came in Friday and I brought it home and unboxed it. The kit came with front brackets but the rear only came with 3" round spacers that go on the Fox shocks. Obviously the Premium (nor the Standard) come with these shocks. Went back to the dealer and confirmed that S3 only has the one part number, had the techs look at the instructions and kit and they agreed that it wouldn't work. Took home the SuperATV lift and got it installed relatively easily. Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen this issue and also wanted to make sure that if you're looking to do a lift this may be something you want to inquire about ahead of time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm glad you brought this up. Mine is getting built right now with S3 3" lift and arched a-arms. I bought the base model. Since I'm not doing the work on it I wonder what they'll have to do since what you're saying is that it won't work with the base model shocks. I may give them a shout today and see how they're coming along with it. It's waiting on the cage completion to send everything to powder coat so may they've test fit it and have it all worked out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went from the stock 27 inch tire to 30s snd gained exactly 3 inches of lift. Easiest lift on the market.�� My machine went from 12 inch of ground clearance to 15 inch of clearance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went from the stock 27 inch tire to 30s snd gained exactly 3 inches of lift. Easiest lift on the market.�� My machine went from 12 inch of ground clearance to 15 inch of clearance.
Just so I'm clear... I have a Deluxe. Which brand 3" lift is the easiest to install and gives as close to 3" as possible?

I also plan on 30's after the lift.

Sent from my mobile device

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so I'm clear... I have a Deluxe. Which brand 3" lift is the easiest to install and gives as close to 3" as possible?

I also plan on 30's after the lift.

My assumption is that the S3 would be easiest to install as there are no rear brackets to install.

Skidz, let us know what they tell you about the lift, I'm very curious.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to be argumentative, but going from a 27" diameter to a 30" would only gain you a 1.5" height gain, correct?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My assumption is that the S3 would be easiest to install as there are no rear brackets to install.

Skidz, let us know what they tell you about the lift, I'm very curious.

I will. I'm not sure how soon I'll know something exactly. But I talked my salesman earlier and he told me they'll test it before it goes to powder coat since they're waiting on the cage. And they're off on Mondays so no one was there today. Maybe within another week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not to be argumentative, but going from a 27" diameter to a 30" would only gain you a 1.5" height gain, correct?
That's 100% correct. I assumed he meant bigger tires plus a lift.

To get a full 3" lift from tires alone would have to be 27" to 33".

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I measured the stock height with my 27 commanders, it was 12 inches at the bottom of the floor boards,,,,,after I
It the 30 inch zillas on, it measured 15 inches. I also measured the height at the bottom of the rear hitch and in stock form it was 12 inches and after the zillas it was 15 inches. My last measurement was the top of the roof which was 73 inches after it measured 76 inches. I didnt like the zillas cause the was too much tires squirm and it was just a bit to high to fit into my enclosed trailer. I now have a set of 28 inch black water ITP tires. And all measurement are up one inch from stock height and the machine can now fit it my trailer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I measured the stock height with my 27 commanders, it was 12 inches at the bottom of the floor boards,,,,,after I
It the 30 inch zillas on, it measured 15 inches. I also measured the height at the bottom of the rear hitch and in stock form it was 12 inches and after the zillas it was 15 inches. My last measurement was the top of the roof which was 73 inches after it measured 76 inches. I didnt like the zillas cause the was too much tires squirm and it was just a bit to high to fit into my enclosed trailer. I now have a set of 28 inch black water ITP tires. And all measurement are up one inch from stock height and the machine can now fit it my trailer.
Hmm. A 3" taller tire would only net you 1 1/2" in height.

Like was said, not to be argumentative but that makes no sense.

Glad you measured before and after. The proof is in the measurements.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I talked to him again. He said they've installed a 3" from S3 on a baseline before. So I'm assuming it will work according to him. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I go get it and maybe take some pictures for you just to further give more information since I have no idea about it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmm. A 3" taller tire would only net you 1 1/2" in height.

Like was said, not to be argumentative but that makes no sense.

Glad you measured before and after. The proof is in the measurements.

Not all tires equate to what they are designated. A 27" tire may be called a 27" tire, but truly measure out to 26" and vice versa.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used the Highlifter kit on my Deluxe. It had the brackets for the front and rings for the rear. Didn't use the rings but I removed the load on the shock and adjusted the spring nuts down to the same thickness as the ring from stock. Worked great! Installed the 30" Roctanes on the HD5s and now have almost 16" of ground clearance. Gave it a couple of trail rides at Brimstone with no problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like the Highlifter kit is like the S3 with the rings. Don't see any way it would work on any model but the Deluxe. Eager to see how Skidzs' ride turns out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Maybe this will clear up some confusion on the S3 lift. I am in the process of purchasing a general and have already stated ordering parts. I will be getting the base(red) general and outfitting it how I would like. I want to lift the bike and later down the road get forward a arms so S3 is an option for me. I called and spoke with them and this is their answer to fitment of their 3" lift to the base and premium models. They said the front brackets fit fine but your shock will hit so to avoid this problem they say turn your front shocks upside down and it fixes that. Claims there is no problem with doing that. On the rears you remove the "small spring" from the shock and replace with the spacers. Adds 3.25" of lift. As I don't have a general to look at I'm not positive what the small spring looks like on the rear shocks. Maybe someone can elaborate. This is how I'm assuming people are getting around it. Maybe this will help people having questions about this lift and general combo

·
Registered
103 Posts
But wouldn't that be only on the Deluxe models with the Fox shocks? Baseline models don't have those is what he's trying to get at I think.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts