Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put 29 inch Carnivors on my general along with a new belt and now top speed in low is like 20 and in high is like 50 before I changed belt and tires it was like 35 in low and 70 in high anyone know what could be going on?

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you put on 29" Carnivores you have to run 15" rims.....probably the additional weight causing the issue if i had to guess.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Spider nut backed off in the primary? Been a few of those on here recently.
Agreed, I had that happen to me and the spider nut is keeping the primary from opening up and limiting your speed. In fact, my spider spun open a little and my rpms were running higher. I had to buy the clutch tools and take the primary apart and reassemble. Works great now! I actually think that it wasn't right from the beginning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed, I had that happen to me and the spider nut is keeping the primary from opening up and limiting your speed. In fact, my spider spun open a little and my rpms were running higher. I had to buy the clutch tools and take the primary apart and reassemble. Works great now! I actually think that it wasn't right from the beginning.
How do you go about checking to see if it has backed out and where exactly is the spider nut

·
Registered
783 Posts
How do you go about checking to see if it has backed out and where exactly is the spider nut
The white arrow is pointing to where the nut is. The second picture shows the nut after the cover is off

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts