Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we set out to ride last night to brake in my buddy's BRAND NEW 1000 turbo rzr. as I fallowed in my general 1000 he was putting around the trails and we came to a creek crossing. there was a downed tree in the crossing and chris (my buddy) attempted to go over it. as he throttled in to it the front naturally poped up and he rocked over the tree how ever when the front end hit the ground we herd a loud pop. he yelled out he think broke something, so to make sure he gave it a little throttle and we herd another pop. this machine had 47 minutes on it not even an hour on the thing and it has 2 broken front axles ? why are these machines so expensive and brake so easily!!?? who wants to bet the dealer won't cover it under warrantee. I'll try to get videos and photos loaded up here for you all to see. hopefully the general will be a little more durable than the rzr turbo!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hope the dealer doesn't try to write it off as a driver caused issue and not from poorly manufactured parts. Was he the only one that went over the tree?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hate to tell ya, but you get the tires off the ground at zero speed with the throttle on and when they touch down, something is most likely gonna break.

I see too many brain-dead RZR owners that think "Stomp it to the floor" is the answer to every situation. Last year, I watched 2 RZR types (not sure what they were) trying to climb up a stair-step uphill section by getting a run at it WFO and bouncing off of everything. Neither made it, and one came within a millimeter of flipping over. They watched with a bit of a smug attitude as I lined up my Odes and slowly and methodically picked my way up the hill with out much in the way of drama. I wish I could have seen the look on their faces.

This sure sounds like a case of driver causing a throttle induced breakage.

Tim

·
Registered
291 Posts
I hate to tell ya, but you get the tires off the ground at zero speed with the throttle on and when they touch down, something is most likely gonna break.

I see too many brain-dead RZR owners that think "Stomp it to the floor" is the answer to every situation. Last year, I watched 2 RZR types (not sure what they were) trying to climb up a stair-step uphill section by getting a run at it WFO and bouncing off of everything. Neither made it, and one came within a millimeter of flipping over. They watched with a bit of a smug attitude as I lined up my Odes and slowly and methodically picked my way up the hill with out much in the way of drama. I wish I could have seen the look on their faces.

This sure sounds like a case of driver causing a throttle induced breakage.

Tim
Amen! Couldn't have said it better:grin2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never broke a stock axle on my XP Turbo and I use it exclusively for rockcrawling at Hot Springs ORV park, Green Acres in Clayton, OK, etc. Don't blame the machine

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
So please don't title threads like "$25,000 joke", because it discourages others from considering what the majority of us think is a great machine...the General. This ain't the RZR Turbo forum!!

OK, vented.

Just about any 4X4, Side by side to Jeeps, to Trucks doesn't take well to having spinning wheels hit the ground...it so often busts something. An axle, a ring or pinion gear, trashes a bearing, who knows what all others have experienced.

And why in the Hades would someone knowingly try to climb over a fallen tree, in a creek, with no knowledge of what the tree looks like below the surface, or what the creek bottom is like? That's just asking for trouble. And with the power a Turbo RZR has...you're just asking for broken parts.

JMHO

Pirate

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 2016 Rzr XP Turbo that I bought for desert racing a year ago. I've spent a fair amount of money and time dialing in the suspension, and I've put on a race cage, bumpers, window nets, race seats and harnesses. But the rest of the XP Turbo is stock, including everything in the drive train. I've raced three desert races with it, we typically have about 20 UTVs in our class, and I've finished with a 3rd, and two 5th place finishes. In other words, I've pushed it pretty hard. I can't count all of the rocks, holes, ruts, bushes, and cactus I've hit at wide open throttle. NOTHING has broken on my XP Turbo. Polaris has treated us Turbo owners pretty good as well. They have given us all a free upgrade to the 2017 higher capacity engine fan, and a free upgrade to the stronger and better designed 2017 clutch, which I have taken advantage of. They have also given all of us either a 6 month or 1 year extended warranty (can't remember which) if we get the recalls done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts