Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,227 Posts
We have the XP G2 and have them on the softest settings.
You will have to play with it and it also depends on how much weight, how much air in your tires, and the terrain you are driving on.

PM sent.

· Premium Member
2023 XP1000 ULTIMATE
19 Posts
I’m not an aggressive driver, so I generally count the clicks on a new machine and back off to the middle. After an hour of riding, back them off (toward soft) another click or two and keep going until I’m happy with it.

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,554 Posts
Which shocks? What year and model you got?
Since he listed the title as 2023 xp 4 I would hope it has the walkers on it, but ya never know...

To the OP, start off as low as they go. If you feel bottoming. Then go up 1 or 2 clicks. I believe there's 14 or 16 clicks.... obviously, make sure your springs are set correctly first...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2023 XP 4 1000 Ultimate “Rolex”
7 Posts
Same year and ride and I’m running 6 clicks up from full soft in back and 3 clicks up from full soft in front. Seems ok for us trail riding, property stuff and even on road.

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,986 Posts
set your ride height first, then go from there …I started in the middle, ride fairly aggressive. Lowered tire pressure to 8-10. Ended up with different shock caps and 200# nitrogen charge….that allowed me to cut clickers in half…doing oil before this season(down to 7.5wt)

· Registered
46 Posts
I slide the rubber bump stops up the shaft a little then adjust dampening until the don’t push the stops all the to the bottom on a normal ride. There are times when you will bottom out but for the most part i am able to not bottom out with that setting. I do have Schmidty Racing springs so I am much less prone to bottom out with those as well

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,986 Posts
I slide the rubber bump stops up the shaft a little then adjust dampening until the don’t push the stops all the to the bottom on a normal ride. There are times when you will bottom out but for the most part i am able to not bottom out with that setting. I do have Schmidty Racing springs so I am much less prone to bottom out with those as well
Pretty happy with those I bet….they are switching to swift springs. You have 200# nitrogen change as well?

· Registered
46 Posts
Pretty happy with those I bet….they are switching to swift springs. You have 200# nitrogen change as well?
Yes. I added there end caps. Real happy with it. Wife swears it rides better than our 2016 Xp4 Highlifter. I think the ride is pretty comparable between the two. The Rzr had jut tender springs added And ran the shocks at 200 psi also.

· Registered
11 Posts
Since he listed the title as 2023 xp 4 I would hope it has the walkers on it, but ya never know...

To the OP, start off as low as they go. If you feel bottoming. Then go up 1 or 2 clicks. I believe there's 14 or 16 clicks.... obviously, make sure your springs are set correctly first...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I have a 23 xp4 only have 8 clicks total to pick from

1 - 16 of 16 Posts