Polaris General Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Just wondering how everyone likes the XP handling with the 30x10x15 tires on them. I ask because mine is a little loose at speeds over 50 MPH.I also have a shake in my steering wheel above 50 mph , don't really feel the shake in the bike just the steering wheel. Just not as solid and planted on the road as my 2020 with the stock 14 inch tires on it.
I've got an '21 XP4 and i've also noticed that handling is kinda squirrely on gravel roads/trails when speeds are over 30-40mph. I've never driven any other Generals with smaller wheels and tires but had a '17 Rzr 4 900 before ordering the GXP4 and the Rzr by far stayed glued to trails better at speed. i think the tread patterns combined with the height and width of the General xp tires looks awesome and probably works great on certain terrain but most of my trails are loose gravel roads they don't handle as well as the Rzr tires (they were stock but don't remember the brand or model of tires) that were more knobby like typical atv tires I haven't noticed any shaking that makes me nervous though. i have noticed that If the machine sits in my garage for a while (a couple weeks) and then i take it down the road on pavement, it does seem to shake for a while but i think it's the tires are actually settling and getting a flat spot where they touch the floor and after getting warmed up and spinning out the flat spots it drives normal again.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
UP date on my tires as mentioned the balance was going to take 25oz So I put back tires XG on the front and the XGF on the back problem solved. So I am now getting another set of XG's from polaris under warranty and will run XG all the way around. The only drawback to the XG's on the front that I can see is they pick up a ton of rocks they are always flying up in front while driving. But they handle good so I will live with the rocks.

· Registered
2021 Polaris general XP4 1000
6 Posts
Check your VIN on the recall website. There is one for steering issues on a lot of Generals. The problem is the U joint on the column. Causes shitty steering and can fail if not fixed.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts