Polaris General Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
Anyone have a suggested suspension set up? I have not changed anything since I only have 200 miles on it
I'd set ride height, then toe alignment, pick a tire pressure, then set the shocks at soft and ride it. Firm up the shocks a couple clocks at a time, then ride it again. A lot of suspension setup is subjective. @BajaCharlie had done a write-up before. He explains to do your shock adjustments and keep a notepad. Write down your impressions of the ride and what the settings were. Do this till you find what's comfortable for you. (Or maybe that was tire pressure? Maybe both?) You may need to adjust your tire pressure too. I run 8psi. My machine has Z-Broz springs and was setup really well when I got it. My settings won't be of any help.

· Registered
2022 XP4 TE
525 Posts
Any tire can be put on the front or back, I get that.

But saying it is not front specific goes against the very reason "f" is in the model. They were designed as a front tire for improved steering over the standard XG. (from polaris)

Like I said, I agree, you can put on anything you want, but these are considered front specific.
I believe marketers want you to believe it. But riddle me this, if it were so effective, why is it not adopted on their top of the line models? Pro R is the very best the sxs market can produce - the bleeding edge of what's capable yet they run 4 exact tires. Ultimately it was dreamed up and executed by marketing dept looking to give the reviewers and owners something to talk about.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Adjusting ride height the tool that comes with the 2023 xp only fits the rear shocks.the holes on the front Walker Evans are smaller than the back and tool will not fit into the adj hole. Is this normal? I can grind it down a bit to make it fit but thought I would ask first.

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,649 Posts
Adjusting ride height the tool that comes with the 2023 xp only fits the rear shocks.the holes on the front Walker Evans are smaller than the back and tool will not fit into the adj hole. Is this normal? I can grind it down a bit to make it fit but thought I would ask first.
You can use a punch that fits….and I’d lower more personally…..

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
My ride height is now at 13 front and 12.5 in the back now and put the XG on front shake is 95% gone.my XGF TIRES are so far out of balance it is no wonder they shake. 25 Oz to balance one tire is crazy.

· Registered
2018 General Ride Command
4 Posts
Not sure you wanna rotate the tires on an XP. As even though it's a "square" setup dimension wise, the fronts are front specific.

Doesn't polaris put the Crawler XG's out back and the Crawler XGF's out front still on the new units?
My 2023 XP ultimate came with ITP Ultra cross R shoes. But for vibration I'd try a quality flat sealant like tireject.

· Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
154 Posts
Just wondering how everyone likes the XP handling with the 30x10x15 tires on them. I ask because mine is a little loose at speeds over 50 MPH.I also have a shake in my steering wheel above 50 mph , don't really feel the shake in the bike just the steering wheel. Just not as solid and planted on the road as my 2020 with the stock 14 inch tires on it.
I sure hope it's not the size of tires. I have a 2021 and I'm going to 30X10X15's all the way around. I'm going with the Tusk Aramid Terrabites. I must admit I don't get up to 50 or 60 now and then but very seldom. I'm on rough dirt / gravel roads or dirt and sand trails.
jsonduck

41 - 60 of 67 Posts