Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Read Only
446 Posts
Probably more important is that they use a directional tread pattern. The F’s forfeit a row of cleats which reduces friction compared to the “rear” tire. This probably helps to make hard turns a little more manageable especially with the 2 seater short wheelbase. Regardless of being directional or recommended in a certain position it’ll get you home in any position if you use your head.
But my 2 seater feels a little squirrely on loose stone roads at higher speeds. I attribute that to the short wheelbase and surface. Longer wheelbase usually equates to more stability at higher speeds, all other variables being equal.
Hopefully the rebalance corrects the issue.

· Registered
406 Posts
Thus the reason for asking if Polaris is still putting XG and XGF on as stock, for the sake of discussion. As the tire listed above is not the stock tires, it's the optional tires they sell as an accessory. One in the same in most folks eyes. But not when you look at the stockers, its very obvious they are different.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
As mentioned earlier when I put the 30 by 10 By 14 on my 2020 It was not as near as planted as the stock tires on my 2020 were. Now on my 2023 I've gone from 14
to 15 And it is not planted as well on the road as my stock 2020 tires were. I took the 30x10x14 off my 2020 as I didn't like the feel at higher speeds to much wondering on the road. My 15 feels the same just not as comfortable at speed as I would like. As much as I love the height and the look just not happy with the higher speed feel. 83mph on 2020 stock tires I personally wouldn't think of trying that with these15's.But that said I only have 200 miles on my 2023 ,so maybe I will get use to the feel and be fine with it. But that's just how I feel about the new 15 others probably love them.

· Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
As mentioned earlier when I put the 30 by 10 By 14 on my 2020 It was not as near as planted as the stock tires on my 2020 were. Now on my 2023 I've gone from 14
to 15 And it is not planted as well on the road as my stock 2020 tires were. I took the 30x10x14 off my 2020 as I didn't like the feel at higher speeds to much wondering on the road. My 15 feels the same just not as comfortable at speed as I would like. As much as I love the height and the look just not happy with the higher speed feel. 83mph on 2020 stock tires I personally wouldn't think of trying that with these15's.But that said I only have 200 miles on my 2023 ,so maybe I will get use to the feel and be fine with it. But that's just how I feel about the new 15 others probably love them.
Have you tried playing with your tire pressure? Maybe go up a couple pounds, or down a couple pounds. How's your suspension setup? Shocks full soft? Ride height set properly? These are all things that the dealers usually miss in setup. I never had the factory tires on my XP. It's had Vision bead locks and BFG KM3s. They do well on the road. I'm not running the front sway bar, so I don't expect perfect stability. I don't do a lot of high speed riding. I can maintain 65 in a 40mph zone with one hand on the wheel though.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts