Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone likes the XP handling with the 30x10x15 tires on them. I ask because mine is a little loose at speeds over 50 MPH.I also have a shake in my steering wheel above 50 mph , don't really feel the shake in the bike just the steering wheel. Just not as solid and planted on the road as my 2020 with the stock 14 inch tires on it.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any Idea the best way to check alignment? But to be honest I put 30x10x14 0n my 2020 and didn't like the feel of it either took them off after 250 miles and back to stock way better feeling at speed.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep your right XGF front and XG on back, it sounds like a good idea to rotate them but I was concern that the XGF's might be real loose on the back because of the aggressive tread

· Registered
350 Posts
Just a little info - Whether it be your car, pickup, 18-wheeler, or General - Vibrations are NEVER related to alignment. If the vibration is in the steering wheel, it's a front tire/wheel problem. If the vibration is in your butt, it's a rear tire. When I had my tire stores, we could check and balance any tire except wheel barrow tires. I would take my two front tires to your favorite tire store, pay the $30 and get them checked, and if not out of round, have them balanced. You cannot balance an out of round tire or bent wheel. Then you'll know for wure what's going on. Best of luck.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a little info - Whether it be your car, pickup, 18-wheeler, or General - Vibrations are NEVER related to alignment. If the vibration is in the steering wheel, it's a front tire/wheel problem. If the vibration is in your butt, it's a rear tire. When I had my tire stores, we could check and balance any tire except wheel barrow tires. I would take my two front tires to your favorite tire store, pay the $30 and get them checked, and if not out of round, have them balanced. You cannot balance an out of round tire or bent wheel. Then you'll know for wure what's going on. Best of luck.
Good info will take them to the tire store have them checked and balanced if need be. BUT will weights stay on if in the mud?

· Registered
350 Posts
Good info will take them to the tire store have them checked and balanced if need be. BUT will weights stay on if in the mud?
I would use stick-on weights on this type of wheel. If applied correctly, they won't come off until taken off. Balance beads work in some situations, but if your tire is defective, not seated properly on the wheel, or the wheel is bent, beads are a waste of money and won't cure the problem. And you can't use tire sealer if you wish to later, with balancing beads in the tire..

· Registered
64 Posts
First you're using your machine for a none intended purpose. As road driving at 50 MPH pulse.

Second , the XCF tire will always wonder and shake more than a XG going down a road due to the design. It's designed to help with turning in soft Gravel/sand etc. Its not a road tire designed tire.

Third, Front Toe being off will make it wander. can be set many ways. easiest is like they did in the 60 zzz scribe the tires. measure with a toe bar front to back.

As far as a total alignment and squaring the chassis up you are looking at Thousands of dollars to make it adjustable as its nonadjustable.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First you're using your machine for a none intended purpose. As road driving at 50 MPH pulse.

Second , the XCF tire will always wonder and shake more than a XG going down a road due to the design. It's designed to help with turning in soft Gravel/sand etc. Its not a road tire designed tire.

Third, Front Toe being off will make it wander. can be set many ways. easiest is like they did in the 60 zzz scribe the tires. measure with a toe bar front to back.

As far as a total alignment and squaring the chassis up you are looking at Thousands of dollars to make it adjustable as its nonadjustable.
Thanks good info, I am getting them balanced today to try that first before I do anything else.

· Registered
406 Posts
Not front specific at all. Other than they put certain tires on the front.
Any tire can be put on the front or back, I get that.

But saying it is not front specific goes against the very reason "f" is in the model. They were designed as a front tire for improved steering over the standard XG. (from polaris)

Like I said, I agree, you can put on anything you want, but these are considered front specific.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts