3,959 Posts
Did you get this machine at Rye?

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any rubbing on the bigger tires?
Time will tell. Pretty sure I'll get some light rub up front but shock therapy should fix most of it in a couple weeks. If not I'll just heat gun the problem spot.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Time will tell. Pretty sure I'll get some light rub up front but shock therapy should fix most of it in a couple weeks. If not I'll just heat gun the problem spot.
Nice machine, the shock therapy with an inch preload will get you 2 inches of extra ride height and rubbing will be very limited and only at full droop and wheels turned all the way.

Reactions: AZxp

·
Registered
2022 general xp1000 deluxe ride command(hopefully)
1 Posts
I ordered mine in March! It got pushed to a 2022, and the due date is in oct!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine in March! It got pushed to a 2022, and the due date is in oct!
Yeah I ordered XP 1000-4 in May (dealer knew then it would push to a 22) — originally was august/September delivery. Latest is Nov 4 to Dec 10. Beyond frustrating when they are obviously getting machines out apparently some models quickly.

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah I ordered XP 1000-4 in May (dealer knew then it would push to a 22) — originally was august/September delivery. Latest is Nov 4 to Dec 10. Beyond frustrating when they are obviously getting machines out apparently some models quickly.
Thrilled that this post inspired you to make an account but there are plenty of order threads to air your grievances. Polaris has prioritized limited edition models for years - I wanted a new unit in May and decided to wait for 22 announcement in hopes they would announce a LE.
This is a build thread that will be updated as I make changes.

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
32s rub in front against footwells. Not bad but happens with the wheel half or more cranked on decent hits. I'll see if shock therapy cures it in a couple weeks. Otherwise I'll break out the heat gun.
32 Rampages measure right at 32 off vehicle and 31 5/8 on vehicle at 10 psi. Surprised they run true to spec and for hardback, they are far and above the best tire I have ever run. Traction on turns that I never thought possible, it has absolutely no understeer. Very pleased thus far.

The door rattling is something I need to address soon as well. I don't know if I'll try adjusting them to clamp tighter to body panels or put hose over the studs.

Suspension at slow speeds is not quite what I hoped for but at moderate speeds its decent. I'm even more excited for shock therapy springs and valving now because there's a lot of room for improvement in the chatter and chunk rock.

·
Registered
Pending... But looking at the General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition
96 Posts
@AZxp , thanks for the update! Please keep us update on the Trailhead, I am still waiting on my ship date.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts