Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 ordered impatiently waiting
17 Posts
Same for me. We shall see, as they say. Did you go with the XP 4 Deluxe? And what color did you choose?
Yes xp4 deluxe went with the matte white color, added heater, glass front and glass back windshields, the stage 2 audio, the kickout sliders, roof liner and the removable dome light front and rear

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes xp4 deluxe went with the matte white color, added heater, glass front and glass back windshields, the stage 2 audio, the kickout sliders, roof liner and the removable dome light front and rear
And the upper soft doors knew i was forgetting something

·
Registered
2019 G4 1000 EPS RC
4 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and pictures of your General! And thank you for the kind words regarding my photography. I had a great portrait/commercial photography business for many years in N. County San Diego, but the ubiquity of digital cameras finally caught up with me and I had to close the business about 2 years ago. You just can't make a living as a photographer anymore.

Your rig looks fantastic. I hadn't thought of the limitations of the RBO Expedition Rack though. Are you able to swing open the gate when you're on level ground? I plan to do the exact same configuration as what you've got, but accessing the bed during a ride will be important. I really like the security of the locking gate/rack, but if that makes it often times inaccessible, then perhaps I need to rethink. RBO has the other rack without the gate, but then you lose the ability to mount the spare tire on the back. What are your thoughts on that?

I love the look of a General with full doors, but would that be overkill for an Arizonan who lives here year round as I do? Not to mention the expense of course. You mention you winter in Apache Junction and that you like the security of the full doors, but don't they make it a hot ride and impair your view a bit, given the temperatures are reasonable, especially in winter? I'd love to hear your thoughts on that, as I'm willing to spend the extra bucks but wonder again if it's overkill for someone who lives here in AZ year round. I will of course be carrying security with me at all times ;).

Again, thank you for your time and comments, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above questions. Many thanks!
Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can use the rear gate anytime the rig is on level ground. I was referring to the possibility of it swinging open on the trail and keep it locked. I would not order the rack without the gate.

As for the doors we purchased the rig with them on. The previous owner had them installed and decided that the wanted two machines for their children instead of the G4 with 500 miles on it. Yes, I think they do restrict airflow but it is a tradeoff and for our use in AZ OK. It is nice to ride with others and observe that on windy days at higher elevations we are comfortable and they are adding layers. Opening the tip out windshield gives adequate airflow. The cab benefits from passive heat from the radiator as we do not have the cab heater. It can be to warm like any other machines at times.

Windows on the cab open partially and dust control is perhaps better but still present. The cab doors and windows are more work as you have to clean more surfaces after a muddy ride but the occupants are not as dirty. As for security, I have made it possible to secure the doors and with the bed locked you feel confident leaving the rig while in a restaurant. Most riders I know carry something.

I think the new G4 has more door options and a AC if you want it. Make sure you do get the RBO with the rear gate and factor in the things you want and are willing to invest in... like boats there are tradeoffs. I do not know if resale is better or that you will recover the added cost of the doors. I have a set of new doors that I could sell to lessen the cost i suppose.

Hope this helps.

Tom

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 Deluxe RC
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can use the rear gate anytime the rig is on level ground. I was referring to the possibility of it swinging open on the trail and keep it locked. I would not order the rack without the gate.

As for the doors we purchased the rig with them on. The previous owner had them installed and decided that the wanted two machines for their children instead of the G4 with 500 miles on it. Yes, I think they do restrict airflow but it is a tradeoff and for our use in AZ OK. It is nice to ride with others and observe that on windy days at higher elevations we are comfortable and they are adding layers. Opening the tip out windshield gives adequate airflow. The cab benefits from passive heat from the radiator as we do not have the cab heater. It can be to warm like any other machines at times.

Windows on the cab open partially and dust control is perhaps better but still present. The cab doors and windows are more work as you have to clean more surfaces after a muddy ride but the occupants are not as dirty. As for security, I have made it possible to secure the doors and with the bed locked you feel confident leaving the rig while in a restaurant. Most riders I know carry something.

I think the new G4 has more door options and a AC if you want it. Make sure you do get the RBO with the rear gate and factor in the things you want and are willing to invest in... like boats there are tradeoffs. I do not know if resale is better or that you will recover the added cost of the doors. I have a set of new doors that I could sell to lessen the cost i suppose.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Thank you for clarifying Tom. I'll wait on any further accessories until I've ridden the machine a bit. As I've never owned a UTV, I think it best to experience the ride and then figure out what I need further.

I just paid my 50% down and ordered an 18 foot enclosed trailer, which should be finished mid-August, hopefully just in time to receive my General. I've still got at least 10 weeks and I'm Jones'n bad.

I hope to see you out there sometime in the winter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from the Central AZ desert... Just ordered my 2022 XP 4 Deluxe RC in Ghost White. First-time owner of ANY ATV/UTV. My father once told me, "Don't be afraid to buy the best son. You'll never be disappointed." How true, but a blessing and a curse... Now the wait until August (if I'm lucky).

My plan is to build out for 2-3 day camping trips, to be able to get to places that my 58 year old body can no longer walk, and day rides, all over AZ, from the low desert to the Colorado Plateau. I'm not a hunter, but I am a shooter, and a reasonably decent landscape photographer (www.coasthighwayphoto.com). I'll be riding with others mostly, but out there on my own too. I also have a well-made Newport Vessels inflatable 4man dinghy to boot that could come in handy on rare occasions camping by water, but I'd need a smaller trailer to haul that behind me.

Hopefully that gives you a good idea of how I plan to use my General. So what are my absolute must-haves for my build out?

Here's what I've gone with in accessories:

Glass tip-out windshield (Polaris)
Glass rear panel (Polaris)
Kick out rock sliders (Polaris)
Upper front brush guard (Polaris)
Rear brush guard (Polaris)
Spare tire
Razorback Offroad Expedition Rack + mounts + Rotopax 2 gal. Fuel (2)
Street legal with turn signals, license plate bracket, horn
Seizmik side mirrors
RIGID 10” lightbar (for front bumper, chose not to put a bar on roof)
RIGID rear facing pods (for lighting up bed and behind)
Cab light
Siezmik grab handles (3, for passengers)
Dash bag
Between seats storage bag

What might I be missing?

I’m considering skid plate/A-arm guards, but there doesn’t seem to be anything from the factory for that—looks like all third party vendors. Do you have a recommendation for one?

Is there anything else you’d add?

Thank you in advance for your response, and thank you to all contributors here: I’ve learned a great deal about my soon-to-be-mine machine.
as I’ve been led to believe you were unable to order a 2022s until mid summer?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Normally....that is the case. I'm shock they already told dealers the 2022 colors. Usually Polaris is tight lip until end of July which is when they release the new lineups.

·
Registered
17 Posts
as I’ve been led to believe you were unable to order a 2022s until mid summer?
Same here may 25th ordered mine, i called polaris to pick their brain and see what details i could get which wasnt much but he did tell me overall the machine didnt change except for some improvements to the belt system and drivetrain whatever they may be he wouldnt go into detail

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Same here may 25th ordered mine, i called polaris to pick their brain and see what details i could get which wasnt much but he did tell me overall the machine didnt change except for some improvements to the belt system and drivetrain whatever they may be he wouldnt go into detail
Sadly for us, it's a seller's market. Thankfully, my dealership and I have established an excellent relationship. I trust my salesman--he's a member of the family who owns the business--and I feel that as soon as he knows anything, he'll let me know. Everyone involved thus far has been very generous with their time, and have been a pleasure to work with.

It's still going to be a very, very long 2 months or so though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sadly for us, it's a seller's market. Thankfully, my dealership and I have established an excellent relationship. I trust my salesman--he's a member of the family who owns the business--and I feel that as soon as he knows anything, he'll let me know. Everyone involved thus far has been very generous with their time, and have been a pleasure to work with.

It's still going to be a very, very long 2 months or so though...
Yes it will be a long wait im already getting impatient i just hope its somewhere close to on time

·
Registered
2022 XP4 General
3 Posts
Greetings for Marana,AZ area…. The General Backorder topic is a sore subject around our house. We ordered ours on May 3rd (6-8 week wait) then we got a call on the 5th of May (ride now) that we had to choose a 2022 color and that it was going to be late October delivery. Polaris still has our build # in the planning phase. We have found a couple here and there (military tan) but we would loose our Hero discount now that it is past the 31st on May and Polaris won’t honor it.
Now the long long wait! 😤😕😡

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Call Polaris and speak with their customer service or support, and check with them about the Hero discount expiring. Complain to them that it is no fault of yours that Polaris can't fill the order and you ordered it when the discount was going on.
Squeaky wheels get the grease!

Reactions: Liner12archery

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Deluxe
4 Posts
I ordered my XP last week but I wasn't advised it would be the 2022, my dealer said it could be a 2022 when they start the build. Have you , officially , been advised bt Polaris it would be the 2022 for sure?
I placed my order last week and was told it is a 2022

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Deluxe
4 Posts
We spend 5+ months a year in Payson, AZ which is in the middle of the Tonto Nat'l Forest. I just picked up my General XP 4 today! I'm in WI now and will be really waiting to get it on the trails in AZ this winter.
I plan on camping with it also. I got the rear cargo box. I think it will be invaluable in keeping dust off my camping gear. I backpack so what fits in my backpack will easily fit in the cargo box with room to spare.
Question regarding registration. I bought my XP in WI. But because the XP4 weighs 2058 lbs & I thought AZ had an 1800 limit on the definition of UTV, did you have to register it as a regular vehicle and pay the $400ish per year renewal fees?
I just ordered mine last week. I was told to $400 ish per year was for street legal other wise its $25.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Greetings for Marana,AZ area…. The General Backorder topic is a sore subject around our house. We ordered ours on May 3rd (6-8 week wait) then we got a call on the 5th of May (ride now) that we had to choose a 2022 color and that it was going to be late October delivery. Polaris still has our build # in the planning phase. We have found a couple here and there (military tan) but we would loose our Hero discount now that it is past the 31st on May and Polaris won’t honor it.
Now the long long wait! 😤😕😡
I stopped in to speak with my dealer yesterday and he told me there is no date and certainly no build number associated with my down payment. I'll be receiving the first 2022 ghost white XP 1000 he receives, but that's all he knows from Polaris.

I'm curious to know how your dealer is able to give you a date of late October--any date at all really--and a build number??? The only date we discussed is August, but that's only because that's historically been when the new model year starts rolling in.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts