Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2023 polaris general ride 1000 command
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was replacing the factory winch to upgrade to an apex 5500. (Factory winch will not disengage anymore)
Anyway I unbolted the bracket that holds the winch solenoid to the winch pulled original winch out , put new one in and was hooking everything up and noticed I pulled the wires out of a plug..... SMH.
It's a Grey 4 pin 4 wire plug that comes off the factory harness right at passenger side frame rail, it's a rather short wire only a few inches to the male side plug where wires pulled out of somehow.
All installed no winch function , there is key on power at one wire and ground on another. How ever I do not know the order in which to place pins back into male side plug... any help here?! Please

· Registered
2020XP4
2,486 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a lot of people have this issue, is it just some cheap parts? Would it be better to eliminate this plug and connect wires together with heat shrink? Or a way to ensure they don't come out again?
Thanks for the reply greatly appreciated

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wire colors are a bit different from his machine to mine. The plug was trash so I wired them together with solder and heat shrink.
Brown to brown , black to black , green to green and orange/WHT tracer to red.
All works as should no issues,polaris could have spent a few more dollars on a better type of plug with all the known issues with it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts