Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a few questions. Is it normal for the input shaft to have play? It rotates a good 1/8in either way before it like actually engages the gears. 2022 Polaris general xp 1000
Also I had an odd sound coming from the rear, like a loud clicking, didn’t sound healthy, but it’s only there when there’s weight on the axles and only when it’s moving, no clicking on idle or neutral. It does become faster and slightly louder when stepping on the gas. I drained the fluid (it was basically black) and checked the magnet which had like a dark grey paste on it. Since then I took out the transmission and took it apart. All the teeth on the gears are perfectly fine (they cut me infact), the bearings were a little loud and rough sounding so I replaced those with cyroheat bearings but I’m not sure that’s the issue. I’ve had a few people tell me it’s not the transmission but it’s the axle. While replacing the bearings I’ve also done a turf mode delete.
Note: it has been rolled unfortunately (clicking started 20hrs after the accident so I don’t believe it has anything to do with it), and it just passed 50hrs, basically new
Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts