Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been lurking around the forum for a while now. Recently sold my ‘18 XPT rzr and am looking into getting a General! The dealer inventory sucks up here in Alaska, so will probably have to order in a machine. My question is when does Polaris release new model year Generals? Seems to me like there should be a release coming soon... maybe late spring?? Not sure what to expect with the 2022 model year change/upgrade wise... if anything maybe some different color schemes. I am looking to order a machine soon, and might wait until the new model year comes out. Anyone have any thoughts on what might change with the 2022 release?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from AZ.
Sometimes colors change or are added every year.
Unknown when they will change the look of the General.
July or August usually when the new year model is released.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll probably wait to see what the new release has in store for us. For sake of conversation what are some of the things you guys would like to see change?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I’ll probably wait to see what the new release has in store for us. For sake of conversation what are some of the things you guys would like to see change?
Shorter and heavier cage, greater suspension travel 18-20”.....I love the General because of the cab size if I could put a General cab on a RZR XP chassis now your talking....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shorter and heavier cage, greater suspension travel 18-20”.....I love the General because of the cab size if I could put a General cab on a RZR XP chassis now your talking....
Man that’s exactly how I feel. I love the cab on the General. It is the pretty much the main reason I’m going to buy one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More hps.. maybe 120-125 and some revised tuning for cooler running.. maybe make turf mode an option
Yes it’s going to be tough stepping down to 100 hp from the 168 my XPT had. I understand this is a crossover between sport and utility, but the new XP General could certainly benefit from a hp increase IMO. Maybe to that 120-130 hp range

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
187 Posts
With BRP developing the new Commander/Maverick with a box IMO, I would not be surprised if Polaris follows suite. Or you could try this
POLARIS GENERAL® 1000 TURBO SYSTEM
Force Turbo package

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With BRP developing the new Commander/Maverick with a box IMO, I would not be surprised if Polaris follows suite. Or you could try this
POLARIS GENERAL® 1000 TURBO SYSTEM
Force Turbo package

View attachment 70053
Yeah I have seen that, nice to see an aftermarket option but I would love a factory setup!

·
Registered
8 Posts

I put a deposit down for a '21 General 1000 4 XP and a week later they called to tell me they can't order the '21 anymore. He said they weren't given dates but was sent the image attached and now they "have me down for a '22 General 4 1000 XP in white". Just like everything these days, just sitting and waiting to hear when they are able to get a ship date (we're waiting ~5 months for a couch..?!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 70867
I put a deposit down for a '21 General 1000 4 XP and a week later they called to tell me they can't order the '21 anymore. He said they weren't given dates but was sent the image attached and now they "have me down for a '22 General 4 1000 XP in white". Just like everything these days, just sitting and waiting to hear when they are able to get a ship date (we're waiting ~5 months for a couch..?!).
Did you pick White? Or were you serendipitously assigned White?

I ordered an XP 4 1000 in Graphite on April 1 this year and the last I heard from my dealer is that I may wind up with a 2022 model. But he never mentioned a specific color. My delivery date is estimated in July, but no official word from anyone on this. I feel like the delivery date will get pushed out further based on the "2022" update from my dealer.
I don't mind any of the new colors except Black Crystal. No thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you pick White? Or were you serendipitously assigned White?

I ordered an XP 4 1000 in Graphite on April 1 this year and the last I heard from my dealer is that I may wind up with a 2022 model. But he never mentioned a specific color. My delivery date is estimated in July, but no official word from anyone on this. I feel like the delivery date will get pushed out further based on the "2022" update from my dealer.
I don't mind any of the new colors except Black Crystal. No thanks.
I picked the color. Dealer has no idea when I could expect it to come in. I called Polaris with the order number to see if they could give me any more info and they told me to call back in 3 or 4 weeks and they may know more. So I’m expecting to be waiting until August/September…

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 70867
Did they mention if there was any design changes to the 2022 model?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did they mention if there was any design changes to the 2022 model?
They seemed to only know what was on the image I attached. But after this year, being so inedible behind, I doubt they are making many changes if any at all. The pictures look pretty similar to the ‘21s. They didn’t even know when they’ll know more. I called Polaris to ask if they could even give me an indication when i could expect it, and they just said to call back in 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They seemed to only know what was on the image I attached. But after this year, being so inedible behind, I doubt they are making many changes if any at all. The pictures look pretty similar to the ‘21s. They didn’t even know when they’ll know more. I called Polaris to ask if they could even give me an indication when i could expect it, and they just said to call back in 3 or 4 weeks.
Sucks, I am waiting on maybe getting my car someday too. In the same boat with the Aluma trailer I ordered...that's "kinda coming soon" too...
"oh, the humanity" of these problems we have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, been lurking around the forum for a while now. Recently sold my ‘18 XPT rzr and am looking into getting a General! The dealer inventory sucks up here in Alaska, so will probably have to order in a machine. My question is when does Polaris release new model year Generals? Seems to me like there should be a release coming soon... maybe late spring?? Not sure what to expect with the 2022 model year change/upgrade wise... if anything maybe some different color schemes. I am looking to order a machine soon, and might wait until the new model year comes out. Anyone have any thoughts on what might change with the 2022 release?
I just ordered a 2022 XP General for my wife. I'm in northern Cali. There are no changes to the General except color. Basically you can choose from white or black. And they will release in August or September. I cant wait.

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Deluxe
4 Posts
I just ordered a 2022 General last week and they assigned me Steel Blue, I was ok with that but I didn't have an option which I thought was odd. They told me they are thinking August or September but told me to be safe 90-120 days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just ordered a 2022 XP General for my wife. I'm in northern Cali. There are no changes to the General except color. Basically you can choose from white or black. And they will release in August or September. I cant wait.
What part of northern cali

1 - 20 of 29 Posts