Polaris General Forum banner

2021 XP4 1000 Turf Mode Delete?

5K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  rockman 
#1 · (Edited)
I’ve done some investigating and have not found anything on this. Is there not a turf mode delete modification for the 2021 General XP4 1000 yet? Just purchased 32” tires, the 3” puck lift, wheel spacers, got the DUV P10GX Dalton clutch, and the 13% transmission gear reduction (the only gear reduction that is available for the xp4 1000). So, I was hoping to maybe upgrade the reverse chain and delete the turf mode while I was in the tranny. I did see a forum on these two issues, however, not specifically for the 2021 XP4 1000s. Any input is appreciated.

#2 ·
I’ve done some investigating and have not found anything on this. Is there not a turf mode delete modification for the 2021 General XP4 1000 yet?
There is, I have 2 different options that are available.
But one of the two, I’m still waiting on delivery.

and the 13% transmission gear reduction (the only gear reduction that is available for the xp4 1000).
This is incorrect, there are several options,
Just depends on your price point, and what you would like to accomplish.

#3 · (Edited)
There is, I have 2 different options that are available.
But one of the two, I’m still waiting on delivery.

This is incorrect, there are several options,
Just depends on your price point, and what you would like to accomplish.
Where can I find the turf mode delete in order to purchase one? I’m new to all this.

Interesting, I suppose that this is only true via the SuperATV route, regarding the gear reduction.

#9 ·
So, 100% different direction than your question......I also have the 3" puck spring spacer kit....but have been reluctant to install it, I love the way it rides and handles now and without the extra adjustment left I am thinking it would just be compressing the spring 3" and stiffen it all up.....I guess long way of asking how do you like the suspension after the lift is installed?

#10 · (Edited)
What unit is this for?
Since you replied to the post above, I’m assuming you have a 21 XP4.
So basically speaking.
This unit has 300# main springs and 550# helper springs.
If you add this 3 inch puck lift, it’s going to take approximately 1200 lbs of force, for the rear springs to compress 1 inch.

With the installation of this lift, your unit is going to have an extremely harsh ride.
You will virtually have no rebound on your shocks

#14 ·
I just had my first weekend ride with the 3” pucks installed. I wouldn’t recommend these for anyone who likes trail riding with lots of big rocks. I can maybe see these as being beneficial if you just want to look like you have a big rig setup, but other than looks, it’s not advantageous for me.

While going fast on the rocky trails, there is so much pressure on the springs that they wheels and tires slam down fast and hard. Sounds and feels horrible. While going slow, rock climbing big rocks, there just isn’t any articulation, as one may expect. Many times I was left with tires off the ground because these pucks just don’t allow for much movement.

I will be removing the puck lift and installing the Dual Rate Shock Therapy Spring kit. If I think I need any lift after that, I may look into just adjusting the preload, A-arms, or even a portal gear lift.

#13 ·
Read on this Forum about Shock Therapy Springs. You add ride height from saggy stock springs and get a better ride.

#16 · (Edited)
I did. Thanks for that and all the advice on turf delete. I got that and the 13% gear reduction installed. All is running smoothly! I’m curious what may arise if I installed the 4” portal lift 15% gear reduction in conjunction with my 13% transmission gear reduction? How much torque is too much torque?

#23 ·
kind of reminds me of my old c6 zo6. Everyone on the internet preached your driving a time bomb unless you have the heads redone. Sold mine with 96k on it and it still ran like new. Truth be told less the 1/2 of one percent of them had failures. But its your money

#25 ·
Truth be told less the 1/2 of one percent of them had failures. But its your money
If people actually knew the percentage of machines 2019 and newer that have experienced a Turf Mode issue, this conversation would have never even gotten a reply. Even more, if they knew the percentage of stock machines of any year that have had issues, it would be the same.

#28 · (Edited)
This horse has been beaten to death many times already, so I will just say this.........

If an open differential (aka turf mode) is a mystery to someone, I believe it better to educate oneself on the function and use of the device, rather than being afraid of it.

The old saying still holds true, "knowledge is power"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.