Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently purchased a 2021 XP1000 4 seater with all the bells and whistles. Cab heater, the works.... so it overheated twice with under a 100 miles on it. dealer loaded it up and took it back and thought it had an air bubble due to heater install.....it overheated the second time and he came and got it and worked on it to no avail and afterwards got in touch with Polaris engineers.....turns out the accessory dept at polaris made changes to the heater kit bracket at the thermostat that would not let the "plate" open properly. Solution recommended by the polaris engineer was to drill two 1/8'' holes in the plate which allows the fluid to flow properly. Engineer told my dealer that they are seeing this more on the XP models for whatever reasons. Just wanted to put this out there is someone is experiencing the same issue with no solution yet. Have a great day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had recently purchased a 2021 XP1000 4 seater with all the bells and whistles. Cab heater, the works.... so it overheated twice with under a 100 miles on it. dealer loaded it up and took it back and thought it had an air bubble due to heater install.....it overheated the second time and he came and got it and worked on it to no avail and afterwards got in touch with Polaris engineers.....turns out the accessory dept at polaris made changes to the heater kit bracket at the thermostat that would not let the "plate" open properly. Solution recommended by the polaris engineer was to drill two 1/8'' holes in the plate which allows the fluid to flow properly. Engineer told my dealer that they are seeing this more on the XP models for whatever reasons. Just wanted to put this out there is someone is experiencing the same issue with no solution yet. Have a great day.
WOW this reads like I wrote it lol We have the same machine with ride command. Day we brought it home drove it a mile down the pasture and it overheated. Dealer didn't get all the air out of the line. Took to Utah on vac and it overheated in real sandy trails, figured it was working trani too hard. Then went to Bryce Canyon and 5 miles into ride it overheats again. Left for Moab and had a repair shop get more air out of lines, thought it fixed issue - NOPE so they disabled the heaters thermostat and we were finally able to ride the trail. Currently waiting on dealer to get new heater thermostat in , but sounds like we may not want it lol Had to spend just of $200 and little over 4 hrs in the parking lot to jimmy rig and brand new machine so we could use it. Shop was not a dealer so no warranty work. Be looking for a refund from somebody lol

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW this reads like I wrote it lol We have the same machine with ride command. Day we brought it home drove it a mile down the pasture and it overheated. Dealer didn't get all the air out of the line. Took to Utah on vac and it overheated in real sandy trails, figured it was working trani too hard. Then went to Bryce Canyon and 5 miles into ride it overheats again. Left for Moab and had a repair shop get more air out of lines, thought it fixed issue - NOPE so they disabled the heaters thermostat and we were finally able to ride the trail. Currently waiting on dealer to get new heater thermostat in , but sounds like we may not want it lol Had to spend just of $200 and little over 4 hrs in the parking lot to jimmy rig and brand new machine so we could use it. Shop was not a dealer so no warranty work. Be looking for a refund from somebody lol
My dealer has been absolutely fantastic taking care of all issues. He cam 35 miles and trailered my General to the dealership and delivered it when repaired on 3 different occasions!!! Ever since they drilled the holes in the plate my general has ran about 10-15 degrees cooler and has never come close to getting hot again, even in 95 degree weather. I hope they are able to fix your buggy.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Now that is what customer service is all about!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts