Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XP 4
3 Posts
Ps. A buddy of mine had a bad rattling noise in the front end of his 2021 rzr at 30 mph, a different dealership then I went to said it was his front diff. Replaced it under warranty but it was still the same. Ended up being the u joint in the front end. They fixed that but there’s still some noise

·
Registered
2021 G4 XP Deluxe
33 Posts
I hate to ask but just in case. I’m leaning towards going with PhilB. As I suggested earlier it sounds suspiciously like the belt slap. It will happen every time you you accelerate and let off the gas. I hate to believe that someone didn’t looked at the CVT cover when it was removed while pulling the trans out. It is happening on every 2021 XP G4 and G2 that I have ran across. A guy I work with just got his G2 and we pulled the cover at 50miles and could see the marks just below the secondary. If the cover has been inspected and no marks are visible then we can likely remove that from the equation. Please advise so we can think about other potential issues.

·
Registered
2021 G4 XP Deluxe
33 Posts
Forgot to also mention as a reminder, Polaris has yet to acknowledge that this is a problem with the 2021 model year as they believe they fixed it. They didn’t…

·
Registered
120 Posts
On my 2020 XP G2, it did it slowing down and taking off, I had 30 miles on the unit. At the time didnt think to much about it bcause I had a 2015 Ranger XP 900 that every once in a while I would here the same noise when coming to a stop. So went on a trail ride and it started sounding like the brakes was locking up on gravel but the funny thing was I wasn’t using the brakes when I would here it. So went with Hunterworks rollers and Gilomen performance clutch kit and helix, also did tune. Don’t give a rats azz about warranty, wasn’t going to deal with that noise. Did a lot of research. As soon as I installed it no more problems, had witness marks on cover just like everyone else did.. so I colored the area with magic marker and it never has touched it again. I understand the noise, it sound like something is broke, like axle, transmission or something, and the darn dealer techs are freggin clueless.. it is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you get it taken care of and it doesn’t turn you from enjoying running your General. Just sux we have to take it in our own hands to fix it.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
454 Posts
Agreed, remove the clutch cover and see if the belt scuff mark is there.

When mine was doing this, it sounded to me like military tank tracks rolling when I would coast down a hill.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP 4 1000 RC
13 Posts
Took our 2021XP G4 to the dealer yesterday. Called them with 230 miles when I took cover off and noticed the scuffing. Was hearing the noises before that but no scuffing up to that point. He told me they are going to replace the primary weights, not changing the helix, not sure on new spring. Will see how it goes after their "fix". He say Polaris says they are finding this is all that is needed to fix it. Also said they have only had 3 so far that came in, but I am betting a majority of the people do not check their clutches or know what to look for.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts