Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order my general premium in March. Just got the email this morning it’s being switched to the 22 with no released date. Anyone get info on dates or anything?

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,062 Posts
Here's a few threads about delays in ordered machines.

·
Registered
22 Polaris Premium
5 Posts
Order my general premium in March. Just got the email this morning it’s being switched to the 22 with no released date. Anyone get info on dates or anything?
At least you got an email. I too ordered a general premium in March and have had to contact dealer for updates. He told me this past weekend my order was being converted to a 2022 but no dates or any other info. I never thought it would be this hard to spend 20 grand

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered in Feb & I have to call for any updates, even then it’s like pulling teeth, recently I called Polaris corp & found out my ship date has been removed, they have no clue why, I asked if I was being moved to a 22 machine, rep said “I don’t have that information, you have been very patient so far, thank you, but I would ask you to continue being patient & call back next week, maybe by then we will have some info for you …..”

I asked to be bumped up to someone higher with more info, he said no one higher than me will have more info. The entire time he was talking to me he would pause & say I’m reading an email hold on a second……then spoon feed a little more worthless info. The complete truth would be very welcome in my opinion, shading the truth makes me more irritated every time.

·
Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
518 Posts
Reading all the threads over the past few months regarding poor QC and delivery time issues makes me so glad I purchased the 2020 unit they had on the showroom floor instead of opting to order the 2021 Pursuit Camo XP, which was my original intention.

I guess the only "silver lining" to this 2022 cloud (if there is one) may be, if they take their time producing your vehicle, it could possibly come to you without all the issues that have been plaguing a good portion of the 2021's.

Still sucks though, either way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had mine switched from a 21 to a 22 at the beginning of May. My dealer is telling me August delivery, but I have my doubts. This also makes me mad at the people who you see selling them after “losing interest” for 3-5k over MSRP as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered General 1000 Deluxe on 5/6/21. Dealer called yesterday to tell me it was swapped to 2022 and color changed from Burgundy to Steel Blue. I asked him to attempt to change it to Black Crystal. Waiting on his answer. The delivery date was listed as "not released." Dealer says it will have date after 7/29 when the release the 2022 models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered General 1000 Deluxe on 5/6/21. Dealer called yesterday to tell me it was swapped to 2022 and color changed from Burgundy to Steel Blue. I asked him to attempt to change it to Black Crystal. Waiting on his answer. The delivery date was listed as "not released." Dealer says it will have date after 7/29 when the release the 2022 models.
Unfortunately, I believe the black crystal is only for the XP model. Your options will be Steel Blue or Titanium Metallic. I wish the XP came in Titanium Metallic. Choosing between Black and White seems so dull :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered General xp 1000 2 seater 6/2/21 waiting for any word on it..seems so impersonal to not keep in touch with customers after $2000.00 deposit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered General xp 1000 2 seater 6/2/21 waiting for any word on it..seems so impersonal to not keep in touch with customers after $2000.00 deposit
That seems the name of the game... I was checking in once a month with the folks I ordered from, but I quit doing that even! Today is 11 weeks since I ordered and they have not called me once. Every conversation with them has been the same "no updates, I will let you know when something changes"
Just seen a Talon with 520 mile on it listed... for a half-second I thought about calling and canceling my order!

·
Registered
2022 General XP4 Deluxe RC - Ghost White
10 Posts
Not gonna lie, hearing all these dealers not giving y'all info is f-ed.

I literally told the girl at my dealership that does the weekly calls that I don't expect her to call until after August 1. I literally had to tell her to stop calling me.

I feel for you guys, for real. I hope your dealers start helping ease your minds instead of adding to the problem.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Polaris should be and better be shelling out a bunch of those $750. coupons plus the dealers should be doing FREE accessory installs. At least they should "act" like they are sorry to cause everyone so much grief!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bingo. Inelastic demand. We all know it's going to take forever just like RVs, boats, trailers, and just about everything else right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Polaris should be and better be shelling out a bunch of those $750. coupons plus the dealers should be doing FREE accessory installs. At least they should "act" like they are sorry to cause everyone so much grief!
I’ve still yet to find one of those $750 gift cards!

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 1000 Deluxe
3 Posts
I pre-ordered my General today. I don’t expect any updates from them anytime soon. They told me that Polaris is saying expected delivery times sometime in September. I said to the manager “that sounds like wishful thinking” and he replied “I think you’re probably right.” But I put my $1,500 down and I’ve got my spot in line and can’t do another thing about it besides wait!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts