Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My General Sport developed a leak that I noticed at 140 miles. It left a few drops of oil on the trailer when done with a ride, leaks from the 3rd hole from the rear on the skid plate. I can't see where it is coming from. I have been reluctant to take it in to the dealer (not the one I bought it from) because I don't want it sitting there when I could be out riding....anyway, it still drips a couple of drops at close to 600 miles on it and I have 8 days till the warranty expires. Fluid levels are ok, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. What would you do?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Take it in and get the leak diagnosed and documented for warranty. You can always schedule it later to get it fixed when they can.

·
Registered
2021 General Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it in and get the leak diagnosed and documented for warranty. You can always schedule it later to get it fixed when they can.
Took it in on Monday, diagnosed on Tuesday as a case and seal leak, waiting on OK from Polaris to disassemble...5 hours labor...probably a week out, but more serious than I had thought. Will have about 3 weeks to put it thru its paces before warranty runs out and hopefully fixed.

·
Registered
2021 General Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it in on Monday, diagnosed on Tuesday as a case and seal leak, waiting on OK from Polaris to disassemble...5 hours labor...probably a week out, but more serious than I had thought. Will have about 3 weeks to put it thru its paces before warranty runs out and hopefully fixed.
Got my machine back, they replaced a $50 tri-lip seal part# 3235658. Does anyone know just where this is located? It sounds like they had to pull the engine and take pics of everything before Polaris would ok the replacement under warranty. Polaris also needed preliminary pics of the machine...guess I am lucky it only took a week.

·
Registered
2020 G4
44 Posts
Goes on the input shaft on transmission, replaced mine the other day. Only have to take the inner clutch cover off. It was kind of a pain to pull out but only took 10 minutes. Seal was 40bucks. It seals on the transmission case, shaft and also the inner belt box. So the leak should have made its way inside the belt box.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got my machine back, they replaced a $50 tri-lip seal part# 3235658. Does anyone know just where this is located? It sounds like they had to pull the engine and take pics of everything before Polaris would ok the replacement under warranty. Polaris also needed preliminary pics of the machine...guess I am lucky it only took a week.
That is the output shaft seal.
It is where your PropShaft attaches to the Transaxle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts