Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We just found on ours too. Dealer reaching out to Polaris. Hearing alot of this on the FB Groups. Hoping we will get a recall if enough cases open.
Please Let the forum know what your dealer found out from Polaris.

·
Registered
2021 G4 XP Deluxe
12 Posts
I went to my dealer about a week ago because of this issue. I believe he found a "Service Advisory" related to the belt slap and that someone had been in prior to me that received a new secondary helix and CVT cover. He sent my issue off to Polaris as well and he thinks I will get those 2 items and he trying to get me a belt as well since you can see rub wear on the top cogs and I'm still under warranty. I will gladly take those items but went ahead and installed the Dalton Kit which fixed the issue and improved clutch engagement. I highly recommend everyone with the issue get it reported before your CVT cover wears completely through which it most likely will.

·
Registered
2020XP 2 seat. 32” K9’s
33 Posts
I have a 2020 XP2. I had the belt slap. Polaris did a recall or service bulletin. Changed a spring and maybe the weights?? Really helped it. I’ll do the tune and clutch someday though. I hear so many good things about them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
For this clutch issue....it would be helpful if someone could post the "Service Bulletin RSA" info into this thread. Sometimes the dealership service folks can't find it when they search the database. I had that issue on a past "Service Bulletin" . Once I provided the number then they were able to find it. Should look similar to this:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had my 2021 General XP in to dealer today to check the belt slap and mine already has the updated clutch parts so Polaris wont do anything right now. So seems like the update that they’re putting in the 2020s probably isn’t solving issues either. Mine doesn’t rub bad but it does have a small mark in outer cover

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
24 Posts
My 2020 had belt slap. In December last year, my dealer installed a new helix, primary clutch spring, and weights. It eliminated the belt slap, and the clutch is much smoother on takeoff. I'm very happy with the update.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000XP Tan, Top Glass tilt out windshield and back glass, more to come!!
12 Posts
Took our 2021 in JUST yesterday for the belt slap issue. They said belt was great and shaft aiignments were great that they were going to adjust the cover?? What the ****?? The cover bolt holesare not slotted holes?? That cover only goes on one way.......It is what it is!!! Recon we'll keep an eye on it!!! Polaris has'nt isssued any bullitin that my dealer new of. View attachment 70428 View attachment 70428

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 21 xp4 stock clutch was garbage. Loud. And the belt **** near rubbed through the housing in 55 miles.

did a gilomen clutch kit and still didn’t like it. I’m running 32s. But with the gilomen on the belt still smoked and was chattering from day 1.

went back to gilomen and got a duraclutch. First ride with it was last weekend. Definitely smooth engagement. It screams in low though - 11mph 7000 rpm.
I think the honest reality of my personal experience with this machine is now that I’ve had a multitude of issues I’m hypersensitive to things. And it’s a **** shame to have to spend this much money to get a decent clutch in a brand new machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The machine we have is a 2020 XP2. After the Polaris clutch fix it still had the case rub. I put a Hunterworks belt on instead of the Polaris belt and it does not rub. Not sure if it is a wider belt or slightly shorter, but like I said, it does not rub anymore. Now our backup belt is the more expensive Polaris belt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The machine we have is a 2020 XP2. After the Polaris clutch fix it still had the case rub. I put a Hunterworks belt on instead of the Polaris belt and it does not rub. Not sure if it is a wider belt or slightly shorter, but like I said, it does not rub anymore. Now our backup belt is the more expensive Polaris belt.
I put the Hunterworks belt on also and haven't seen anymore rub.

·
Registered
2021 XP 4
1 Posts
Took my case off today to break in a spare belt on my 2021 xp4 with 278 miles and noticed wear marks on my cover. Haven’t ever heard it but the stock belt was definitely rubbing

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
369 Posts
Polaris clutch service bulletin repair, Hunterworks belt and White Washer fixed my belt slap.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts