Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been hearing and reading posts that the 2021 general 2 XP,s are having some 2020 clutch issues?? I thought Polaris Resolved these issues on the 2021s. I need to know so I can cancel my 2021 Gen2 XP. Please reply!!

·
Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
84 Posts
I know you mentioned 2 seaters specifically, I own a 21 XP 4 seater and have not noticed any of issues that have been mentioned about the 20s. I can’t imagine the 2 seat vs the 4 seat are any different in clutching, but I could be wrong ?

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you mentioned 2 seaters specifically, I own a 21 XP 4 seater and have not noticed any of issues that have been mentioned about the 20s. I can’t imagine the 2 seat vs the 4 seat are any different in clutching, but I could be wrong ?
Im not aware of any differences in the clutching either. I believe same engine same clutch.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
204 Posts
@Kooter where are you reading about these issues? I haven't come across any on here specific to the 21s? Only difference in the clutches are non xp and xp so I can't see it being G2 specific either. If you've read about it I would just ask whoever was posting about it.

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Kooter where are you reading about these issues? I haven't come across any on here specific to the 21s? Only difference in the clutches are non xp and xp so I can't see it being G2 specific either. If you've read about it I would just ask whoever was posting about it.
I will try to find the post and ask .It mentioned 2020 xp issues on the 2021xp. Hopefully I read it wrong. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the post and have asked where that information came from.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
204 Posts
@Kooter I saw the post you're referring to and I believe everyone in that post is talking about 2020s. One member posts they are updating the 2020s to the 2021 style parts so I can't see them paying to do all that if it wasn't any better? From what I can tell the 2021s should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Our 21 G2 XP is fine but we did put in a Dalton Clutch kit from Todd @Hunterworks.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
We had Dalton clutch kits before and like them, smoother shifts, takeoffs, we live in higher elevation, and going with Gilomen's full tuning also. We had Gilomen's tunes before and like them too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had Dalton clutch kits before and like them, smoother shifts, takeoffs, we live in higher elevation, and going with Gilomen's full tuning also. We had Gilomen's tunes before and like them too.
Ok Thanks.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2021 General XP 2 seat has belt slap. I never heard it but when I had cover off to install secondary rollers I noticed wear marks in cover.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2021 General XP 2 seat has belt slap. I never heard it but when I had cover off to install secondary rollers I noticed wear marks in cover.
Same for me 2021 XP. I never heard the slap but didn’t listen for it either. I put in a gilomen kit with a couple hundred miles and saw the scars on the clutch cover with only like 2-300 miles. You can refer back to some of my posts for pictures.

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same for me 2021 XP. I never heard the slap but didn’t listen for it either. I put in a gilomen kit with a couple hundred miles and saw the scars on the clutch cover with only like 2-300 miles. You can refer back to some of my posts for pictures.
Did you report this to your polaris rep? And what did they say?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you report this to your polaris rep? And what did they say?
No. I didn’t. I have very little faith in warranty stuff from anyone/company. I was also upgrading to what I understood was a solution before I even realized I had the issue. I haven’t rode it much since but I’m curious to check it with the gilomen clutch and belt after another few hundred miles.

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. I didn’t. I have very little faith in warranty stuff from anyone/company. I was also upgrading to what I understood was a solution before I even realized I had the issue. I haven’t rode it much since but I’m curious to check it with the gilomen clutch and belt after another few hundred miles.
I am surprised more people havent complained. I guess not everyone tears into the clutching when there isn’t a apparent problem. Thanks for replying. I guess the rumors are accurate about some of the same issues as the 2020 XP

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am surprised more people havent complained. I guess not everyone tears into the clutching when there isn’t a apparent problem. Thanks for replying. I guess the rumors are accurate about some of the same issues as the 2020 XP
Forgot to mention mine is the 2 seater not sure if that makes a difference but, “for the record” of others looking into it.

·
Registered
21 General XP Pursuit ED 2 loaded with everything but upper doors
108 Posts
I have a XP Gen 2 and no problems yet with the clutch and had three different Generals and no clutch problems or belt close to 12000 miles on the three my dad thought me if it’s not broke leave it alone and I guess I find that what we paid for this toys that I don’t abuse them must be getting old lol still try to keep up with the razors wife doesn’t like that!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a 17 G2 Deluxe with over 17000 miles. I have some scuffing as well and have never broken a belt. It's just something that happens under the right conditions except that the 2020 XP clutch maximized the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just found on ours too. Dealer reaching out to Polaris. Hearing alot of this on the FB Groups. Hoping we will get a recall if enough cases open.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts