Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few questions for some fellow members.

I am looking into purchasing a 2021 General 1000 XP 4 in Matte military tan, but also looking at the RZR 1000 XP 4 Premium in Stealth Grey.

First Question I had, between both bikes are the cabs the same size? I’m 6’4” 240lbs and heard the rear seats on the RZR don’t have much leg room. Second Question is the clutch set up on the RZR different then the General? Read on other sites of people having issues with the RZR clutching.

I like the fact that the General XP comes with 30” tires, a winch, roof, trailer hitch and tilting box over the RZR, but also like the RZR because he has a little more Jam/HP and better rear suspension, which might increase the fun factor. I will be riding mostly gravel roads, located in Nothern Ontario.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Greetings from El Paso and welcome!
The general has more cab room than the Rzr. The cab area is wider on the general and has comfortable seats. I'm 6'2"and also have a Rzr 800. I have to climb into the Rzr and not much room. I can jump into the general and my shoulder is not making contact with the passengers shoulder.

They put a Rzr XP 1000 clutch in the general XP, I have not heard of any problems with it other than the belt slap issue that some have had issues. I upgraded mine with a clutch kit and a Giloman tune and the belt slap went away. I recently installed a Duraclutch and am very pleased with those results.
Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts