Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2021 Polaris General 4 deluxe
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first UTV for my family. Handy to have living in South Dakota as they are street legal.
Couple of questions- I am having the Polaris dealership instal the factory heater next week is the heater worth it? Pretty expensive. I can’t find upper doors anywhere. Polaris is back ordered, CEC is back ordered you name it. Anyone have any recommendations? Snow coming this weekend!

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Demersj,
Howdy from AZ and welcome to the Forum.
Many of us have Polaris heaters or other brands. We have put Polaris heaters in our last 2 Generals and my bride loves it. She gets cold easily so i said put in the Polaris heater. we used to live in NoDak so it got used a lot up there as we would drive around in the General and look at Christmas lights. We have never had upper doors on and stayed comfy in the cab. The heaters work very well just make sure they get all the air out of the system.
Other brands are cheaper and people seem to like them too.
Enjoy your General and be safe.

Reactions: Demersj

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Demersj,
Howdy from AZ and welcome to the Forum.
Many of us have Polaris heaters or other brands. We have put Polaris heaters in our last 2 Generals and my bride loves it. She gets cold easily so i said put in the Polaris heater. we used to live in NoDak so it got used a lot up there as we would drive around in the General and look at Christmas lights. We have never had upper doors on and stayed comfy in the cab. The heaters work very well just make sure they get all the air out of the system.
Other brands are cheaper and people seem to like them too.
Enjoy your General and be safe.
Thanks for the advice! I plan on ice fishing with the general so I will try to get the upper windows installed when they become available. My wife will also appreciate the heater!

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I plan on ice fishing with the general so I will try to get the upper windows installed when they become available. My wife will also appreciate the heater!
What part of SoDak are you from?
We used to spend our summers in the Black Hills and we sure do miss it since moving to AZ!

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What part of SoDak are you from?
We used to spend our summers in the Black Hills and we sure do miss it since moving to AZ!
Dakota Dunes, SD- as far SE as you can get! Love the hills, we took a family vacation out there this summer. Seen side by sides everywhere, a few months later I purchased my general! Lucky I found one for sale up in Sioux Falls. AZ would be nice in the winter months but I do enjoy the four seasons.

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Make sure HunterWorks rollers are put in the secondary clutch and also GrizzzTek's full meal deal shields are on there too to protect the radiator, gas tank, and battery.
Good luck and enjoy!

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure HunterWorks rollers are put in the secondary clutch and also GrizzzTek's full meal deal shields are on there too to protect the radiator, gas tank, and battery.
Good luck and enjoy!
I haven’t done anything to the machine yet from the factory- first I’ve heard of putting those items on the unit. Is it a must? I will have to look into these items more.

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Absolutely a must on the rollers.
The radiator guards from GrizzzTek are a must if driving gravel, dirt, or off road. Many radiators have gotten holes in from rocks.

· Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Greetings from El Paso

Reactions: Demersj

· Registered
2021 Polaris XP-4 General
80 Posts
Good luck and enjoy!
Thanks for the recommendations....I ordered a General XP-4. Should I do these adds before I take it out? I did get on both web sites (HunterWorks and GrizzsTeck). I watched the HunterWorks video on the roller replacement (seems something to do right away) but can't find pics on the Grizzztech guards...can you post a few pics? Thanks!

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Raptor,
You didn't fill out your location when joining the Forum so we don't know where you live.
Are you planning on putting in a Polaris heater?
If so GrizzzTek's has radiator guards when using the Polaris heater and when NOT using the Polaris heater.
Being you ordered an XP, if wanting the whole set from GrizzzTek (Randy) you will want the radiator shields/guards and the battery shield/guard. Make sure to explain to Randy that you ordered an XP.
Click on the pictures and there is one that shows a picture with it mounted and having the indentation for the Polaris heater/thermostat.
Here is Randy's website: We order directly from him because if you want great customer service order from the source!

Use the search on this Forum and type in GrizzzTek as there are numerous threads about them.
Randy is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
You can also pick your colors. We went red for the radiator guards and black for the battery guard. I don't know if you can choose the colors for the battery guard, it might be black only. Check with Randy.
We put ours on before leaving the dealership.

On the HunterWorks rollers, put them on as soon as you can. Some have had the pucks wear bad right from the start (our first General did this) and others show little wear with a few hundred miles on them. If you don't blow out your clutches very often the pucks will wear much worse on your clutch with the abrasive materials in the dirty clutches.
Good luck and welcome to the Forum!

· Registered
80 Posts
Raptor,
You didn't fill out your location when joining the Forum so we don't know where you live.
Are you planning on putting in a Polaris heater?
If so GrizzzTek's has radiator guards when using the Polaris heater and when NOT using the Polaris heater.
Being you ordered an XP, if wanting the whole set from GrizzzTek (Randy) you will want the radiator shields/guards and the battery shield/guard. Make sure to explain to Randy that you ordered an XP.
Click on the pictures and there is one that shows a picture with it mounted and having the indentation for the Polaris heater/thermostat.
Here is Randy's website: We order directly from him because if you want great customer service order from the source!

Use the search on this Forum and type in GrizzzTek as there are numerous threads about them.
Randy is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
You can also pick your colors. We went red for the radiator guards and black for the battery guard. I don't know if you can choose the colors for the battery guard, it might be black only. Check with Randy.
We put ours on before leaving the dealership.

On the HunterWorks rollers, put them on as soon as you can. Some have had the pucks wear bad right from the start (our first General did this) and others show little wear with a few hundred miles on them. If you don't blow out your clutches very often the pucks will wear much worse on your clutch with the abrasive materials in the dirty clutches.
Good luck and welcome to the Forum!
Thanks for the information! I didn't realize I hadn't put in my location...I'm from Reno NV and will primarily be riding in the Pine Nut and Eastern Sierra Mountains (very rocky terrain). I did purchase an after market heater that I will be installing (when my machine arrives in Mid Jan 2021). I'll look for Randy's contact info.
I'm ordering parts now to install when the machine arrives...the rollers and guards look like a high priority to install right away. Thanks again!

· Registered
6,045 Posts
Both should come standard on these high priced machines but don't.
Many of us see them as must be added if doing any trail or off road riding.
When we trade machines, one of our bedrooms gets pretty full with "must have" accessories before the machine arrives!

· Registered
80 Posts
Both should come standard on these high priced machines but don't.
Many of us see them as must be added if doing any trail or off road riding.
When we trade machines, one of our bedrooms gets pretty full with "must have" accessories before the machine arrives!
So NOW you have me thinking....these are the accessories I'm putting on before I ride:
  • Front and rear Glass (Polaris)
  • Side Polaris Rock Sliders
  • Heater (not Polaris)
  • DragonFire Harnessess (with seat Bezels)
  • Seat Belt Overide Plug
  • Need to purchase Grizzztech guards
  • Need to purchase HunterWorks Secondary Roller Kit
  • Need to purchase spare wheel & tire

Any "must haves" now that I'm missing before I ride?
Thanks again!

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So NOW you have me thinking....these are the accessories I'm putting on before I ride:
  • Front and rear Glass (Polaris)
  • Side Polaris Rock Sliders
  • Heater (not Polaris)
  • DragonFire Harnessess (with seat Bezels)
  • Seat Belt Overide Plug
  • Need to purchase Grizzztech guards
  • Need to purchase HunterWorks Secondary Roller Kit
  • Need to purchase spare wheel & tire

Any "must haves" now that I'm missing before I ride?
Thanks again!
Good luck and enjoy!
what does the secondary clutch rollers do? I am a first time utv owner and have no clue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.