Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new 2020 XP General owners that had previous General machines that could offer insight to the difference with the XP model? I just sold my 2017 General Deluxe today. I was looking to make quite a few modifications but felt I may be better off to put the money towards an already upgraded machine. Mine was pretty much still stock . Any insight on what you're seeing in the field vs your previous general? . Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
SamH I went from a 2018 G4 to a 2020 G4 XP 1000. There a lot of difference between the two. Study the specifications of both machines and it will tell you a lot. For example The Walker Evans Shocks, 30 inch ProArmor Tires on 15 inch rims, a much beefer suspension over the 2018 and previous models, a one piece heavier frame as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SamH I went from a 2018 G4 to a 2020 G4 XP 1000. There a lot of difference between the two. Study the specifications of both machines and it will tell you a lot. For example The Walker Evans Shocks, 30 inch ProArmor Tires on 15 inch rims, a much beefer suspension over the 2018 and previous models, a one piece heavier frame as well.
Thanks how different is the ride quality.? Obviously larger tire/ wheel setup is going to be different but are you pleased with the performance/ feel of the Walker Evans?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks how different is the ride quality.? Obviously larger tire/ wheel setup is going to be different but are you pleased with the performance/ feel of the Walker Evans?
Sam there is a big difference in ride over my 2018 G4 I love Walker Evans shocks and the larger tires. The Shocks on the front have 8 different from to soft to firm settings the rear has 11. I run front and back full soft the ride is awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sam there is a big difference in ride over my 2018 G4 I love Walker Evans shocks and the larger tires. The Shocks on the front have 8 different from to soft to firm settings the rear has 11. I run front and back full soft the ride is awesome!
Might be worth double checking, the Walker Evans shocks on my XP have 14 clicks, front and rear. Just thought I'd mention it.
To support what you said though, the ride quality is VERY good! Smooth even over quite rough stuff!

·
Registered
783 Posts
And I thought there were 16. Can't say that I've counted them. Thought I saw somewhere the the velocity shocks had 16 positions. Anyway, this is my first general, however I came from a 2009 Rzr 800 trail and I can tell you that I'm in total agreement with Rosdrunner. These XP are amazing and are loaded with improvements. The long travel suspension gives a great ride. Good luck with your decision on which way to go

·
Registered
333 Posts
On page 105 in my 2020 General XP 4 1000 operators manual Front and Rear Shock Compression it shows 8 clicks from full hard on the front and 11 clicks from full hard on the rear. Counting of clicks on my XP agrees with the operators manual 🙂

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just bought a 2 seat XP. Does anyone know if the power steering is different? I have a 2019 G4 and they feel way different. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 19 4 seater and just upgraded to 20 XP4. Way better ride than the 19 was and would highly recommend the 2020 XP4 over previous model year unit. You could do most of the upgrades on an older machine but my theory is you’d never see that money back on resale. I’m always buying/selling so I think about selling before I buy. If I kept longer, I might feel different but I always say my hobby is buying cool toys, I just wish I had time to use them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts