Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XP G2
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice on a rear window for 2020 XP that is compatible with Rockford Fosgate stage 4 speakers. Looking for poly maybe tinted. I'm thinking the lock and ride window is a no go, speakers are in the way of locking point. I am also interested in hard poly front windshield with vent. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard that the speakers need to be loosened, rear window locked in, then speakers tightened back up. Dealer put mine one, I'm guessing that's how they did it.
As for front windshields- I was going to buy the glass 'tip-out' one, but changed my mind just before picking up my XP. I bought a solid glass full windshield and the poly half windshield, both Lock & Ride so they are quick to change. Buying the two was about $300 less than the tip out one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Lock n' Ride rear glass and there is no issue. It is tight, but it works. I did loosen the screw that holds the locking mechanism to the window which makes it a little easier to turn behind the speakers. It's still easier with a pair of channel locks and makes it go faster, but I've never had to loosen the speakers to get it installed/uninstalled and I've done it a few times now.

·
Registered
2020 XP 4 1000
80 Posts
I have the Seizmik rear panel. Takes about 3 minutes to undo the 5 clamps with the knobs. It's not tinted but I have though about taking it to my local auto tin shop to get tint put on it and an eyebrow put on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
So your Seizmik rear worked with the Fosgate 4 system? Just checking before i order one. Was it hard to install and did you have to loosen the speakers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the OEM glass one. The rear speakers actually have a divot in the back to allow for the window clamp. I removed the speakers installed the glass then reinstalled them. Vary easy to remove the speakers. Tip, Disconnect the weirs to the speaker before removing them. Makes it easier to completely remove them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My super atv one worked with the stage 4. I just had to remove the speakers install the windshield then put the speakers back in. Kinda a pia install but it worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Lock n' Ride rear glass and there is no issue. It is tight, but it works. I did loosen the screw that holds the locking mechanism to the window which makes it a little easier to turn behind the speakers. It's still easier with a pair of channel locks and makes it go faster, but I've never had to loosen the speakers to get it installed/uninstalled and I've done it a few times now.
I have the rear lock n ride on my 2020 xp4 are you guys talking about the rear RF speaker add ins that are the can style? I bought the can style and want to know if those fit with rear windshield in?

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
443 Posts
Not unless you make a mount that locates them completely inside the cab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have seen these on the new 2020's and 2021's, but i can't find them anywhere to purchase. I really just want those pods and I'll add my own speakers from my customer stereo, but there no where to be found.

·
Registered
2020 XP4
29 Posts
I have OEM glass front and rear with OEM speaker pods up high in the back window with no issues. If I did it again...I would have bought the OEM tip out glass for the hot days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wow those rear pods are expensive for what they are. i didn't pay that much for the front ones. Hopefully soon they will sell them at a more reasonable cost

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
443 Posts
I think your best hope at a lower price would be a used set or if they end up being released by an aftermarket manufacturer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No kidding. I'll keep searching and seeing what I can find. I'm researching the sub's now, but can't use the rockford as i have a heater.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts