Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general XP
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the same machine 2020 XP4. When it was built they stripped all the factory decals off. They also swapped a silver hood onto it. I didn't like the sponsor decals it has in the video. I peeled them. I had custom decals made by a guy on eBay.
View attachment 73856

View attachment 73857 View attachment 73858

I like this look! makes me want to remove that white stripe.... i thing im going to take it to a local shop ans see if the can color match the hood to the same greay as the rest of the vehicle... if not ill probable just do all black !

·
Registered
2021 General Deluxe Ride Command
82 Posts
What clamps are you using for the rear lights? Is that the factory rear glass installed with those light mounts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had some recent changes I did to the general I've been wanting to share but was unsure what thread to add it to so I decided to just start a New thread for the many random additions I do...

So this weekend I decided to remove the orange decals from the side of thee general still unsure if I'm going to keep the white strip or not. The original plan was to wrap the whole Machine, bot turns out I rind of like the grey... One issue is I'm not sore What to do with the orange hood yet, any ideas? View attachment 73842
View attachment 73840
View attachment 73844
View attachment 73843
View attachment 73841
Taking the orange off was a good choice. I'd wrap the hood in a carbon fiber wrap and be done.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What clamps are you using for the rear lights? Is that the factory rear glass installed with those light mounts?
The glass is the Polaris lock and ride, I ordered it off Amazon….

as for the pod mounts, they’re kind of home made, I went into detail about them on this thread….

·
Registered
2021 polaris general xp 4 ride command
11 Posts
Had some recent changes I did to the general I've been wanting to share but was unsure what thread to add it to so I decided to just start a New thread for the many random additions I do...

So this weekend I decided to remove the orange decals from the side of thee general still unsure if I'm going to keep the white strip or not. The original plan was to wrap the whole Machine, bot turns out I rind of like the grey... One issue is I'm not sore What to do with the orange hood yet, any ideas? View attachment 73842
View attachment 73840
View attachment 73844
View attachment 73843
View attachment 73841
I have the 2021 in tan. If comes with a black hood. I bet it would fit your car. If you want to keep the factory look, that might be an option. Order a 2021 black hood.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have the 2021 in tan. If comes with a black hood. I bet it would fit your car. If you want to keep the factory look, that might be an option. Order a 2021 black hood.
My brother actually has a tan too, i was considering swapping him hoods when he isnt looking! haha think he'll notice???
I actually didnt price the hood for this exact reason..... i know im not gonna pay that for a hood haha i dont need it black that bad...
probably the cheapest option haha! im thinking im gonna order a sheet of wrap and just go that route, maybe get a grey and a black see which i like better...

·
Registered
2020 general XP
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
204 Posts
Take it to have it wrapped, bet it wouldn't cost a hundred bucks, like a 10 year warranty on it

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
204 Posts
Just wanting the orange covered right, i done the whole front clip on my defender for 250, so I figured you could get that little bit of orange done for a hundred surely, I could call and ask him if y'all close to Ga

21 - 40 of 53 Posts