Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
2020 general XP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some recent changes I did to the general I've been wanting to share but was unsure what thread to add it to so I decided to just start a New thread for the many random additions I do...

So this weekend I decided to remove the orange decals from the side of thee general still unsure if I'm going to keep the white strip or not. The original plan was to wrap the whole Machine, bot turns out I rind of like the grey... One issue is I'm not sore What to do with the orange hood yet, any ideas?
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Registered
2021 G4 XP Deluxe
Looking good 馃憤馃徎. I don鈥檛 have an answer for your orange hood question but noticed the rifle rack. Does it remove easily? Would you mind sharing how to locate one? I鈥檝e been looking for something that will go in and out easy and fits in the cab like yours.

Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
Gray with the white stripe looks awesome. For the hood I would probably either:
wrap the orange to match the white
OR
Change the black to white or gray and change the orange to black

Registered
I agree, the orange needs to go.

Reactions: 20GENNYXP

Registered
2022 general XP on the way
Since you got rid of the orange on the sides all of the other orange needs to go too (seats/springs/hood) OR you have to add a different orange graphic on the side. Right now the orange looks out of place IMO...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 general XP
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gray with the white stripe looks awesome. For the hood I would probably either:
wrap the orange to match the white
OR
Change the black to white or gray and change the orange to black
I agree, the orange needs to go.
yea i was thinking of going out and looking for a black hood...or possibly the wrap option..... didnt even think if going white, not a bad idea tho if i decide to keep the white strip.

Since you got rid of the orange on the sides all of the other orange needs to go too (seats/springs/hood) OR you have to add a different orange graphic on the side. Right now the orange looks out of place IMO...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
i agree, really sucks because ive bought a lot of accessories in orange, as for the seats, i dont think that i care that much to invest that much money into new seats.

I really liked the orange 馃し馃徔鈥嶁檪锔 Matte black plasti dip the hood
HMMMM plasti dip! i didnt even think of that! but thats a great idea! i really liked the orange too, until i didnt.... it kind of grew off of me, its too loud for me, i really wanted the old 2017 silver, or even a white, but at the time i was in the market them colors just werent available. wish i wouldve been more patient and couldve landed that military tan!

Registered
2020 general XP
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking good 馃憤馃徎. I don鈥檛 have an answer for your orange hood question but noticed the rifle rack. Does it remove easily? Would you mind sharing how to locate one? I鈥檝e been looking for something that will go in and out easy and fits in the cab like yours.
too be 100% honest, that gun rack doesnt even belong to me, its my older brothers i just used it when we were out on our elk hunt. install and removal is pretty fast and simple. just an alll thread, that you extend with a nut then lock in with a second nut. personally, i didnt like it much, maybe i just put it in to fast and didnt take time to snug it in but i feel like it rattled loose on us a few time and started moving. also i dont like how the more you extend it to tighten it up , it really seemed to bow that hand bar. thats just my personal review..... as for where it came from, well im willing to bet that was an amazon purchase, no garuntee but id bet $1 on that.....

Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
yea i was thinking of going out and looking for a black hood...or possibly the wrap option..... didnt even think if going white, not a bad idea tho if i decide to keep the white strip.

i agree, really sucks because ive bought a lot of accessories in orange, as for the seats, i dont think that i care that much to invest that much money into new seats.

HMMMM plasti dip! i didnt even think of that! but thats a great idea! i really liked the orange too, until i didnt.... it kind of grew off of me, its too loud for me, i really wanted the old 2017 silver, or even a white, but at the time i was in the market them colors just werent available. wish i wouldve been more patient and couldve landed that military tan!
Plasti dip has a bunch of colors

WHITE

Registered
20 G2 XP RC
I see nothing here! haha
to be honest im not a big camo Guy, if i wrap the entire thing itll be silver to match the truck pulling it....
Indeed, camo is not always the best.
I had a hard time, more than once, finding my black and olive drab quad while hunting. Would ride it far into the back country, park it in the brush and head out on foot to be more stealthy.
Funny how all the cactus and stuff look the same all of a sudden. :oops:

Registered
2020XP4
I have the same machine 2020 XP4. When it was built they stripped all the factory decals off. They also swapped a silver hood onto it. I didn't like the sponsor decals it has in the video. I peeled them. I had custom decals made by a guy on eBay.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Registered
Wrap the hood, that would look the best. If you don't like it down the road, wrap it with something else.

Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
Wrap the hood silver, my machine is gray with silver hood, great combo in my book

Registered
2022 Polaris general
I have the same machine 2020 XP4. When it was built they stripped all the factory decals off. They also swapped a silver hood onto it. I didn't like the sponsor decals it has in the video. I peeled them. I had custom decals made by a guy on eBay.
View attachment 73856

View attachment 73857 View attachment 73858

Do you have the link for the custom decals. Thinking of putting on some different ones myself

Registered
2020XP4
Here's the eBay seller.

I emailed him and I had him make the XP logos. I don't know if he added them to his store or not. Great customer service, very reasonable price imo

Registered
2022 Polaris general
Here's the eBay seller.

I emailed him and I had him make the XP logos. I don't know if he added them to his store or not. Great customer service, very reasonable price imo
Did he make your general decal ? How is the quality of the decal ?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts