Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Torch7743 here.

My family made the big leap and huge upgrade from our trusty 2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 to the 2017 Polaris General 4 1000. When our dealership called to tell us the General had finally arrived, everyone, including the employees at the dealership, was excited to see it on the show room floor.

Aside from being one of the first people in California to own the General 4 1000, we have already taken it out on it's first trip of the year. We are floored on the performance the General throws at us.

The first trip for the General was this last weekend, 10/28-10/30 of 2016 to Johnson Valley, CA. Man, did she handle those whoops with ease. Being used to the Rhino, I would wince in anticipation of the suspension bottoming out, but that never did happen. These stock shocks are absolutely amazing.

We plan to send the General out this week (after a quick wash off of the dirt!) to a buddy of ours who will use it as a template for roll cages. Our future plans include adding in air pumpers, PRP seats, etc. Too much to put down in one post!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the Site Torch! and to general ownership

The General is a awesome ride for sure! Keep us updated on the changes and remember we like the picks! :grin2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I made the same upgrade from a 2007 Rhino to the General as you did Torch and I am thrilled. I have some of the small issues such as door separation and missing drain plugs, as well as the bigger and more annoying Can of Rocks noise in the front diff. Took it to the dealer and they have started a case with Polaris ref. the doors and we are waiting to see what they say. I was excited to read on another post concerning the door separation issue that Polaris may have come up with a fix other than the zip ties that looks good. As for the differential, they are touting the Polaris position that "that is normal" and has been around some time in the Rzrs, but does not effect machine performance. They did put in a couple ounces of thicker differential gear oil additive that has lessened the noise considerably. I will keep you advised. But I absolutely agree with you on the performance of this machine. What an upgrade from the Rhino, both in performance and comfort. Am taking it up to the forests of Northern Arizona next week, and can't wait to get it out on some of the trails there!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made the same upgrade from a 2007 Rhino to the General as you did Torch and I am thrilled. I have some of the small issues such as door separation and missing drain plugs, as well as the bigger and more annoying Can of Rocks noise in the front diff. Took it to the dealer and they have started a case with Polaris ref. the doors and we are waiting to see what they say. I was excited to read on another post concerning the door separation issue that Polaris may have come up with a fix other than the zip ties that looks good. As for the differential, they are touting the Polaris position that "that is normal" and has been around some time in the Rzrs, but does not effect machine performance. They did put in a couple ounces of thicker differential gear oil additive that has lessened the noise considerably. I will keep you advised. But I absolutely agree with you on the performance of this machine. What an upgrade from the Rhino, both in performance and comfort. Am taking it up to the forests of Northern Arizona next week, and can't wait to get it out on some of the trails there!
Woohoo to upgrading! :grin2: I have had minor door separation, but I always just squeeze it back into place. I have issues opening and closing my rear doors, though. The dealer tried to adjust it when we went to pick it up, but they didn't loosen up. I have noticed that when I put my foot into it, and I have it in 4wd, the front dif seems to whine and vibrates slightly, but it goes away after I pass 20mph, but no "can of rocks" so far. Have fun in N. AZ!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts