Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
So...I googled up pig hunting in Mulga Creek. It's in NSW. These guys are insane. I've been pig hunting here in Mi., NOTHING like what these guys do. The amount of pigs is ridiculous. I really want to go!
Me too sounds like a great time!

Reactions: wompy1988

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think I need to find out how much to ship my Super Duty, General, and trailer to New South Wales. Grab some clean underwear and socks, my AR and let's go Piggin'.

Would be happy to have you but you will have to leave your AR at home, our gun laws don’t let us have semi autos and autos. So the best we can get is bolt actions, levers or pump actions (pump action shotguns are not allowed). Also we have 10 round max capacity for our magazines which can make it hard difficult at times especially when chasing mobs.

Thanks guys we had a awesome trip, was bloody hot 36-40 degree Celsius days and the property we were on was suffering from a undeclared drought so there wasn’t much feed around. We still managed to get 45 pigs.

I’ll post some photos and videos once I download them off my camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
A bad day out hunting is better then a good day at work anytime or at least that's what they say some of us like our jobs me being one!>:)

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
I'm a Recovery Engineer! LOL ( Wrecker/ tow truck driver ) >:)

Reactions: wompy1988

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hope you guys like photos...still haven’t uploaded the photos of the pigs off my GoPro but here are some photos of the trip. I’d say this would be different type of country to what you get in the states??

Mate brought his drone away, got to get myself one of those

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
Now them are some sweet pic's

Looks like a great trip thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice pictures. Did the General perform as you expected?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nice pictures. Did the General perform as you expected?

General went great, so much better than our old Yamaha rhino. The power and comfort isn’t even comparable haha

All the lights were great but the gun rest was crap, it ended up being more hassle than it was worth so I got rid of that and went back to free handing the rifle with only the cross bar to use as a support.

Only issue we had with the General, on take off there is a shudder/vibration/jerk in the driveline for the first few seconds and then it is smooth. Does anyone know what this could be?

I’ve done a few searches and seen a few ppl get this from worn belts but mine only has done 70 hours

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Couple of the pigs my mates got

And here are some the pigs, cats and foxes I got. So normally during the day I hunt off my 2 wheeler so I can flush the pigs out of the scrub. My old man will take the General during the day and I’ll get in when the sun goes down or my ass can’t handle the seat of the 2 wheeler anymore haha

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
Looks like a great time. What are you using nice lookin little rifle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Looks like a great time. What are you using nice lookin little rifle.

The one in the photos is a ruger scout rifle in .308
Nice gun for the bike, has great knock down power and is short enough for me to have on my back and not get caught up in trees.

In the buggy I using my Remington 7615 pump action .223
I love that gun

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Few upgrades before next trip to make life a little easier, mounted the Garmin trackers with the drivetrack (which talk to each other) mounted in the dash which is much easier to see. Also mounted a long range antenna all with quick release connections.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Gun racks sorted, just used fishing rod holders on the gun test I’ve already made and mounted.
Also saw someone else on here out there gun in the passenger door which I thought was awesome idea for my lever action. Have to open it from the outside but that’s better than the gun bashing all over the can!!

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
78 Posts
As Easter approaches, so does our yearly 2 week pig hunting trip. Any chance the last couple of weeks that I have been off work I have been fitting out general.

Double light bars on the front and also aluminium mesh over Bullbar which you can’t really see in he photo to prevent grass seeds getting into radiator

UHF aerial

Uniden UHF and switches for all lighting

External speaker for UHF

Rear light bar and lock n ride rifle holders

Powabeam 9 inch HID spot light

Blazalight handle

Pivoting gun rest by Racken rest (smart rest)

Fuses and relays

Few minor things to do before we leave like installing the fire extinguisher but so happy the way it’s turned out and looking so forward to see how it performs with the new gear

Where did you get the gun rack

21 - 39 of 39 Posts