Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Easter approaches, so does our yearly 2 week pig hunting trip. Any chance the last couple of weeks that I have been off work I have been fitting out general.

Double light bars on the front and also aluminium mesh over Bullbar which you can’t really see in he photo to prevent grass seeds getting into radiator

UHF aerial

Uniden UHF and switches for all lighting

External speaker for UHF

Rear light bar and lock n ride rifle holders

Powabeam 9 inch HID spot light

Blazalight handle

Pivoting gun rest by Racken rest (smart rest)

Fuses and relays

Few minor things to do before we leave like installing the fire extinguisher but so happy the way it’s turned out and looking so forward to see how it performs with the new gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Very nice and good luck hunting those hogs. Always wanted to do that, thought it would be a hoot!

Reactions: wompy1988

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also forgot to mention, installed the rokbloz mud flaps, battery compartment cover and fuel tank cover which you can see in the photos.

I had a Yamaha rhino before this and when it rained the rifles and passengers would get covered in mud so hopefully the rokbloz will prevent this.

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
Welcome to the site and to General ownership wompy1988 !

good choice on G and the mods look great cant wait to get report on how it all works. would come with would be a cool hunt. >:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good Luck hunting them Hog's and be careful,,it can get Harry real quick.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys I’ll be sure to post some photos of the General in action ??

I take it you wanted the fox shocks with the deluxe package ?? because you could've started the build with the camo hunter edition..

Yeh wanted the shocks as well as the roof to mount the spot light. The radio was a added benefit which I didn’t think much of at first but I don’t think I could go without now when trail riding not hunting. I use the General for both hunting and trail riding so thats why I went the deluxe. Also i didn’t like the camo as much as the orange as well I might lose the camo one in the bush?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the last few things done yesterday before we go away. Covered the bar for the gun rest in heat shrink to prevent it getting heaps hot in the sun. This trip is in the Australian outback so that is very likely!!
Also got the fire extinguisher and waterproof tool box mounted.

2 more sleeps

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll be the first to say what everyone else is thinking. I WANT TO GO PIG HUNTiNG IN THE AUSSIE OUTBACK, TOO. Sounds like a great adventure. I want to hear all about it.

Hahaha i sure will

I have a couple videos on my YouTube channel if you want to see past trips. Videos don’t have the General in them....YET!!!!

Can’t wait to get some footage with the new beast

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wompy88

Loaded up ready for the morning

·
Super Moderator
4,193 Posts
Have Fun and Be SAFE!
bring back some good picks :grin2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to owning a General !

And -
WOW !!
COOL !!
SWEET !!

All of those words came to mind as I read through this thread. Nice job.

Have fun !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts