Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second time out on the trail with my new machine (2016 general 1000 premium {no fox shocks}). Both front shocks came apart an hour apart from one another. The shaft came completely out of both shocks. first the left then the right while limping back to camp. its in the shop and under warranty...
Has anyone else had this issue?
No, wasn't doing anything crazy just some casual train riding.
Yes I know, fox shocks....

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Glad to hear they are going to warranty them!

you should not of had problems with shocks like that no matter what shocks they are!

Reactions: gmman5

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
WOW! sort of glad wife liked the 2017 deluxe color and I sprung for the deluxe! :grin2:

Sorry no pun intended!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer has had the machine since I made the original post. They stated yesterday that the shocks are on backorder and it could be until Oct 26 before they come in. They also stated that it appeared to be an issue with the assembly of the shocks from the manufacturer ( I would assume Polaris outsources these from a factory somewhere) . So you could draw your own conclusions here... I would say keep an eye on your shocks if you have anything other than a deluxe model. Could be an issue that more and more folks see.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My warranty is up in 3 days so I took mine to dealer today for a leaking right front shock, leaking rear output shaft seal and computer flash for the clock resetting issue. It has about 1500 miles on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts