Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Part Ranger and Part RZR, the General is all about versatility

Not exactly a pure Sport UTV or a work-specific Utility UTV, the new Polaris General fits somewhere in the middle between Polaris’ RZR and Ranger families. This is a Sport-Utility hybrid with a distinct focus on versatility.

“Today is a great day at Polaris! Once again, we are launching a game-changing new product,” said Tim Blinkhorn, GM, Ranger & Polaris General. “This vehicle is the most versatile side-by-side ever built, made for those who want to battle it all.”

At the heart of the Polaris General is a 100-horsepower ProStar 1000 engine. Polaris boasts the engine accelerates from 0-40 mph in 3.6 seconds. According to Polaris, this is achieved thanks it “best-in-class power-to-weight ratio.”

For The Full Story Please Visit ATV.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
It comes in three models but do I have to get the Orange one in order to fit the side windows in this picture?

Or can I get the basic one and add the roof and windows on?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No you should be able to put all the accessories on the basic one. You just will not get the upgraded Fox shocks, The Polaris site only shows a fixed upper door glass while on the UTV underground review of the general it shows a upper door glass that opens. Might be nice in winter if it gets to hot with heater

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Amazing pictures! You were allowed to test ride the General? How was it?
Yes ,I arranged the media event in Northern New Mexico for Polaris .It was very impressive .It climbed everything with ease ,It is truly a dual sport /utility machine .Check out my desert ride review on this forum .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my general 3 weeks & went to deer leace. Was backing off my trailer & my reverse chain broke. First time to really ride it bn workin a lot can anybody tell me why it did that.

·
1,562 Posts
Other than abuse or defect can't imagine why a brand new chain would break?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Other than abuse or defect can't imagine why a brand new chain would break?

Alaskan, there was a problem with the 1000 RZR's with this (Polaris warranty). I had two friends with the same problem. I was assuming that this issue was fixed from Polaris. If I remember right it was way to small for the torque???

Reactions: Trapper

·
1,562 Posts
When it breaks do you just lose reverse or does it jam things up in the tranny?

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well thats disappointing. So if Im miles back in the bush and put it in reverse and the chain breakes Can you still drive it without reverse or are you SOL on the spot.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts