Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger on a General. Have been wanting to get one for quite some time now. Found a used 2016 premium on consignment and got a good deal on it. Machine has just over 1300 miles. Front glass and rear poly, Polaris heater, vinyl uppers, 4500 lb winch, and 30" Sedona Mudda Inlaw tires. My riding will consist of street, trail, and maybe some occasional mud holes.

Right away I noticed that the tires are garbage on the trail and street, which is a given for as aggressive as they are. Probably going to change over to a more all terrain tire. I would like to keep the 30" tire size. While driving the machine, it seems like it takes high RPM's (5000 +) just to stay at speed (say 25mph). Seems like the machine is really laboring just to cruise around the neighborhood. Wife was commenting on how loud it was. I understand the tires are roughly 15-20% larger then factory and probably contributing to this. I have never rode in a general before, came from a 2018 XP turbo. No way are the two comparable, but I am a little surprised at this.

Been doing a little research and found that this seems kind of normal. I think to keep the 30" tire size I will probably need some sort of clutching( I believe it is all stock). Also probably going to go with the Gilomen tuning for some better reliability and a tad bit more HP. Arched A arms and some aftermarket shocks will be in the near future as well.

Let me know what you guys think! Very excited to finally have a machine again!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your new to you General.
Man that looks like a very nice and clean unit.
I recommend going with HunterWorks and his Dalton clutch kits and HunterWorks belts. Todd knows clutches and any questions ask him.
Also agree on going with Terry Gilomen's full tune. Can't go wrong with that.
Does it have Randy's GrizzzTek's full meal deal guards on it yet? If not do that too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger on a General. Have been wanting to get one for quite some time now. Found a used 2016 premium on consignment and got a good deal on it. Machine has just over 1300 miles. Front glass and rear poly, Polaris heater, vinyl uppers, 4500 lb winch, and 30" Sedona Mudda Inlaw tires. My riding will consist of street, trail, and maybe some occasional mud holes.

Right away I noticed that the tires are garbage on the trail and street, which is a given for as aggressive as they are. Probably going to change over to a more all terrain tire. I would like to keep the 30" tire size. While driving the machine, it seems like it takes high RPM's (5000 +) just to stay at speed (say 25mph). Seems like the machine is really laboring just to cruise around the neighborhood. Wife was commenting on how loud it was. I understand the tires are roughly 15-20% larger then factory and probably contributing to this. I have never rode in a general before, came from a 2018 XP turbo. No way are the two comparable, but I am a little surprised at this.

Been doing a little research and found that this seems kind of normal. I think to keep the 30" tire size I will probably need some sort of clutching( I believe it is all stock). Also probably going to go with the Gilomen tuning for some better reliability and a tad bit more HP. Arched A arms and some aftermarket shocks will be in the near future as well.

Let me know what you guys think! Very excited to finally have a machine again!

View attachment 71441
5000 + low gear or high gear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts