Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blew up first motor at 5700 miles rod thru block broke starter and plate between motor and transmission. Now one year later same thing happened again at 1400 miles on new motor. Any idea why? I put the updated chain tensioner on it.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Have you had a chance to open things up a bit? Take a look where the intake manifold connects to the cylinder head. So looking into the intake ports.
Are they full of a "mud" looking stuff? If YES, this means that dust is getting into the cylinders and scuffs, scars, cuts grooves in the cylinder walls.
Then all the oil goes up cylinder walls and into the combustion chambers...burns...and when the engine runs out of oil...it does what yours has done.

The electronic fuel injection and all its sensors means you won't see blue smoke.

Yup, been there, done that, didn't get a T-shirt.

Along this line of thought...what precautions do you take to keep dust out of the intake tract? Using Outerwears over the the intake under the hood and one over the air filter element?
Inspect the air filter element for tan spots inside..

Pirate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put a uni air filter in when bike was new. I change the oil and clean the air filter every 500 miles. It looks like it dropped a exhaust valve. Sending it to the rebuilder tomorrow. I'll see what he says.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Scott,
One thing. Being a member of the RZR Forum since 2008 and the General Forum since 2015.

It has been discusses many times that the Polaris air cleaner element is the one you should use. It's made by Donaldson and is made of excellent media.
Using an Outerwears over the element just makes it better.

I totally destroyed a Holz Stage III motor by changing to a NAPA Gold...that was supposed to be better. Nope.

Just sayin'

Pirate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts