Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up y'all?! Bought my deluxe about two weeks ago. Took it to brimstone off-road here in TN day after I bought it. Love the thing so far but this past Saturday after only 50 miles and 4-5 hrs on it. It threw EPS and the check engine light. Googled the way to find codes and a code list printout. Threw two codes for vehicle speed sensor, P0503 for intermittent data erattic or missing and C1069 for received speed has error. Of course with warranty it's no issue of mine. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and or what ended up being the reason for it if so. Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
What's up y'all?! Bought my deluxe about two weeks ago. Took it to brimstone off-road here in TN day after I bought it. Love the thing so far but this past Saturday after only 50 miles and 4-5 hrs on it. It threw EPS and the check engine light. Googled the way to find codes and a code list printout. Threw two codes for vehicle speed sensor, P0503 for intermittent data erattic or missing and C1069 for received speed has error. Of course with warranty it's no issue of mine. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and or what ended up being the reason for it if so. Thanks!

Stupid question, but by any chance were you sitting parked, key ahead, engine not running, and stereo playing??

I had the same thing happen to me twice and in both cases, it was because of what I just indicated above.

Pop the fuse panel cover off under the seat, EPS relay is the top front relay. Pull it out, put it back in, and everything should be good again. Don't know why this is the case and I haven't asked my dealer yet, but I will get tem to look at it when I go back in for my service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine for a week and have only put 10 hrs on mine. I've had the check engine light come once and the EPS quit working three times. The simple fix was to turn off the machine and turn it back on and then the EPS started working again and check engine light went away. Other than that nothing else.

·
Registered
348 Posts
the power steering issue has been on all polaris models with eps. it is a problem but polaris can not figure the problem out. just turn the key off and back on, that is the fix from polaris.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I had just taken it down the road for a min drying it off after a wash. Picked it up Saturday, dealer said they couldn't get it to throw the codes again lol. Oh well I've made them away so when and if something breaks. They can't say it was due to my negligence!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wondering if you guys looked at your manual in their it says if you idle for too long the eps senser comes on and shuts off your power steering maybe your idling too long and the reset is to turn it on and off hope that's just your problem for the price of these sxs hope theirs no big issues

·
Registered
25 Posts
My mistake it says the senser comes on when the motor is off and key on to save battery power hope I didn't mess you up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts