Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general XP
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’ve decided to change the thread name from ”Summer 2021” to “Arizona Riding” I’ve noticed there’s quite a few Arizona users on this forum so heres a thread we can use to share routes or pics of cool places for others to check out…. Maybe it’ll even bring some interest to some out of staters to see this beautiful state…

·
Registered
2020 general XP
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On a trip to Phoenix this last weekend i noticed a alot of vehicles pulling sideXsides back into the valley mostly out in AJ, Gold Canyon and lots headed that way from the Superior area. is there some established trails out in that area that anyone knows about? or possibly know where i can find some maps? i know in the past there was always what seemed to be a high number of Jeeps out in the desert around there so just curious if any fellow Arizonans know of anything?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is that out of Clifton?
We were there last winter looking for a place to ride, but couldn't figure out where to go. Finally just went down by the Gila to play with the dog.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yea this is right up the frisco,

Around Clifton is mostly River Riding, you can either ride up the river and theres a few spots you can drop down to the river, then you can go up to the end of the road and cross up river, then theres down river, you can ride between Clifton and morenci and continue down below morenci to where the Frisco and gila meet.

You can also Hit Lower eagle, also a river, so youre mostly crossing and riding the river bed. Lower eagle is usually a lot cooler weather, and is beautiful country. if youre ever in the area again shoot me a PM and ill send you in the right directon!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea this is right up the frisco,

Around Clifton is mostly River Riding, you can either ride up the river and theres a few spots you can drop down to the river, then you can go up to the end of the road and cross up river, then theres down river, you can ride between Clifton and morenci and continue down below morenci to where the Frisco and gila meet.

You can also Hit Lower eagle, also a river, so youre mostly crossing and riding the river bed. Lower eagle is usually a lot cooler weather, and is beautiful country. if youre ever in the area again shoot me a PM and ill send you in the right directon!
Tried to ride downstream on the San Francisco, but got lost (somewhere around the Morenci High School) looking for where to park the truck and start the ride.....we got confused by the mine. Didn't think were were in the right place so gave up. Would love to ride down to the confluence of the Gila (we packrafted the middle box of the Gila, down to Riverview CG a few years back) as that sure is nice country. Not sure if we will make it there this winter though due to the cost of fuel (elections have consequences) but certainly will reach out to you the next time we are in that area.

You have probably done it many times, but a super nice ride is up Turkey Creek (SW of Safford) along the eastern border of the Avavaipa Wilderness. Heck, soooo many nice rides all over Arizona. Makes the Peoples Republic of Oregon look pretty boring......

·
Registered
2020 general XP
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tried to ride downstream on the San Francisco, but got lost (somewhere around the Morenci High School) looking for where to park the truck and start the ride.....we got confused by the mine. Didn't think were were in the right place so gave up. Would love to ride down to the confluence of the Gila (we packrafted the middle box of the Gila, down to Riverview CG a few years back) as that sure is nice country. Not sure if we will make it there this winter though due to the cost of fuel (elections have consequences) but certainly will reach out to you the next time we are in that area.

You have probably done it many times, but a super nice ride is up Turkey Creek (SW of Safford) along the eastern border of the Avavaipa Wilderness. Heck, soooo many nice rides all over Arizona. Makes the Peoples Republic of Oregon look pretty boring......
Oh man, yea theres quite a few spots where you can drop into the river in Clifton and only one from Morenci. Lower eagle is a little North of morenci, you will actually travel through the mine via Highway 191. There probably wasnt much traffic on the river bieng that you were here in the winter, the summers on the other hand get pretty busy, dont be suprised if you see groups of 10+ sXs out riding and relaxing in the water.

never been to turkey creek, ive heard its a nice ride and planned it a few times over the years just things fell through and havent been able to make the ride
one last thing.... i dunno about making oregon look boring.. that sure is some nice country you have there!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts