Polaris General Forum banner

Upgrade list?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KC Desert 
#1 ·
Has anyone put together a list of Upgrades?

Strongly suggested upgrades?
Gotta have upgrades?
Cant live without upgrades?
Don't do this upgrade?

#2 ·
MUST have: Mile #1, replace the secondary clutch hockey puck rollers with the Hunterworks round rollers. It will save your clutch from absolute destruction caused by dirt getting in between the hockey pucks. Check out their site, the rollers are easy to replace as long as you have an impact wrench and a clutch spring compressor (you can also get from hunterworks).

A-arms. They are weak and soft versus rocks.

Suspension. It's ok but Shock Therapy and others make it much better.

Headlights. They suck so add a bunch of LED's and own the night.

#3 ·
Every body will be dif. depends on where and how you ride! some will say a windshield me being one. is the first upgrade there are a few that could be high on the list but just read on here and decide from how and were you ride what would make you ride better. or what you want to make it yours! And post pic's we like them.

#4 · (Edited)
After warranty is done consider a cooling fan override switch UTV INC POLARIS PLUG AND PLAY BACK LIT FAN OVER RIDE KIT As long as your fan itself is not the problem your good to go. I recommend always running with engine temp on display on your dash. My relay for my fan burnt out so now I pack an extra relay. I have heard that the temperature switch sometimes fails as well. So a bypass switch will give me peace of mind.
ps. make sure you order the kit for the year of your machine.

#5 ·
Great info guys, I sure appreciate it. Hope to pick my General up Tuesday or Wednesday. My buddy/neighbor keeps coming over and ripping up my yard with his General. Revenge is sweet. I'm pretty sure I have a new addiction. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.