2018 General/G4 - Polaris General 1000 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 General/G4

I know speculation about future models tend to aggrivate current owners so dont hold this post against me. I wont be in a position to be able to buy a new ride until at least mid june at best, maybe mid july. When does Polaris release the specs/colors of the new year models? Has anyone heard of any upgrades or improvements they may incorporate for 18? The current model is plenty bike for what I am looking for so even if it is just more color choices I wont mind a bit. Im sold on a G4 I think but still havent seen one in person or been able to test drive. Theyre pretty difficult to find in the east texas area I guess.
Alaskan47 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 PM

I'm patiently waiting for the '18 G4 to be released and will be ordering one in the fall. I'd like to see a few packages like the 2 door models have.

Heres what I'm hoping for in a 2018 G4 from the factory.
- Ride command
- Upgraded shock package
- Stereo (same as 2 door deluxe)
- Door issues corrected
- Driveline noise corrected

I'm crossing my fingers they get the stupid driveline issues figured out and just keep it underwraps.
Alaskan47 and Chiefmorton like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I have been doing some extensive reading, mostly on here, and surely theyll fix those issues from the factory. Sounds like they already have fixes for most of it anyway. Doubt I would use ride command but would be cool to have. Would love to have at least 2 color choices so they all dont look exactly alike. Color isnt important enough for me to pay to have it painted or wrapped. The current color matches my truck perfect but seems like Polaris changes with every release and unfortunately I'm not where I can buy one right now. I'd like to see the factory LED front lights like the RZR's and the 10 extra HP the RZR comes with. Really 100 is more than enough but I plan on portals and they have gear reductions and I think the 10 extra HP may offset that. Honestly doubt I would be able to tell the difference. I would love to see a G4 highlifter version factory but it looks like they usually do the 2 seaters first then follow up with the 4 the following year.
Tha_General likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 06:38 AM

When can we expect the 2018 General to be shown? July?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM
MMX
Super Moderator

Yeah, July, August is usually when they show the next year's models.
Alaskan47 and Oregon rain like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Yeah, July, August is usually when they show the next year's models.
Thank im waiting for it and then ordering the 2017 or waiting 2018 depending on changes
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 02:03 PM

Garage
Just my opinion but the Generals are pretty up to date as far as looks and interior, they don't even have rebates so I wouldn't expect too much change besides the usual colors and SE, the RZR I would expect a change to complete with the X3
Alaskan47 likes this.

It's not a real job
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon rain View Post
Just my opinion but the Generals are pretty up to date as far as looks and interior, they don't even have rebates so I wouldn't expect too much change besides the usual colors and SE, the RZR I would expect a change to complete with the X3
I agree. I would be perfeclty fine with what they have now...just cant afford it. I would like some color options for the 4 and the mentioned issues dealt with but it looks like a bada** machine.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon rain View Post

I agree with you, but would hate buying one now and in 3 months see they improved in such way i will be sorry.

BTW someone on this forum said that they have insider information the ride command will be standard on next deluxe model
Chiefmorton likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacklordsniper View Post
I agree with you, but would hate buying one now and in 3 months see they improved in such way i will be sorry.

BTW someone on this forum said that they have insider information the ride command will be standard on next deluxe model
The full price on the current ride command model is $21499 so we are getting up there in price but ya this is the time of year for speculation, I think if someone is ready now get it and enjoy the season, if late summer a person is looking to buy maybe wait and see there is always something coming out and when you buy you have to be happy with what you have.

It's not a real job

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris General 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page