Spare Tire?!?!?! - Polaris General 1000 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Spare Tire?!?!?!

First off I can't believe no one has made a spare tire holder that doesn't go in the bed! What are all you guys doing with your spares? I can't give all that bed space! Do any of you guys know if anyone is making clamps that fit the General cage so I can just make my own. I want something like in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	21170  
MMX and kmaple84 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:48 AM
MMX
Super Moderator

I haven't seen anything on the market yet, so I'm planning on building my own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

What are you planning to build?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:53 AM
MMX
Super Moderator

It'll hold the tire up high like the RZR pic, and be like a rollbar mounted to the bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM

Not home to double check at the moment but if memory serves me right. The front windshield rops is the same as the back. And if you could get a set of mirrors that form to the roll cage do away with the mirror and just use the bracket as attachment. Just an idea. Or if if some of these aftermarket guys are nice enough. Call em up an ask to see if you can buy just a set of brackets.

OFT
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:00 PM
MMX
Super Moderator

I've been thinking about this some more. I may just remove my tailgate, and do an offroad truck style carrier that's half in/out of the bed, set at an angle. Still developing exactly what I want to do, but I think I'd rather keep the weight as down low as possible.
RockinRonnie likes this.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 07:38 PM

I don't carry a spare. Eight riding seasons in a RZR 800, had to plug two sidewall tears. But five or eight plugs and sealed. Then use a PowerTank set up to fill the tires.

Moved up to the General last year, carrying a 7 lb tank and the PowerTank regulator and hose. Started carrying Stop N Go plugs and their little 12V compressor.

But have no desire to haul a heavy spare.

JMO,

Pirate
PrescottAZ likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 PM

Have a spare front tire and rim (takes up a little less room), bottle jack, slime compressor, tool bag, spare belt, some other odds and ends and a 16 qt cooler. With room left over for rain coats or jackets etc. All under a Ryfab bed cover. Not too long ago had a jagged cut that plugs wouldn't seal, had to drive on flat a couple of miles to get fixed, much further and the rim would have been damaged. After that, decided that a spare wasn't such a bad idea.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I do not carry a spare but on some trips it would be nice to have one! whit that being said if I do A spare mount I will make a hitch mount spare tire carrier then just slide it in when I want it with me and leave it in trailer when I don't (Yea I know I have to get enclosed trailer first thinking ahead)

The Difference Between Men and Boys is the Price of there Toys!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:32 AM

Garage
trailer.com has a hitch mount I've been thinking about that for longer trips. just not sure about the weight on the hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris General 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page