Check engine light with codes 7 65590 and 7 65592 - Polaris General 1000 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By RockinRonnie
  • 1 Post By mwaller2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Check engine light with codes 7 65590 and 7 65592

Just got my general (2017) a few weeks back and after a creek ride, my check engine light came on. It kind of put the machine in "limp mode" (I couldn't get it to go over 30 mph.) Took it back to the dealer and they said it was some sort of a drive shaft sensor (I could be wrong about exactly what it was but, the light didn't come back on after the repair) which they replaced. Today, the light came back on with the two codes listed in the title (65590 and 65592) which, after a bit of research, I found to be something with the spark plugs. Pulled them out and they look brand new. Blew out the chambers, plugs and boots and will ride it again tomorrow to test it before we head to Brimstone on Thursday. Any other ideas as to what these codes mean? Any tips would be appreciated. Also, if the check engine light comes on, if I turn the machine off then back on, the performance returns to normal. I will be calling the dealership Tuesday for help but wanted to ask here for a quicker response (my local dealer is closed Sundays and Mondays). One more bit of info, the creek ride referred to earlier was basically some splashing of water....no deep holes and nothing over the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170618_194948.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	29218  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I think if memory serves me correct the codes you have is same codes a friend had in a rzr for cylinder misfire and his was due to belt slippage had a burn in the belt replaced his belt and all was good. something to check out. You doing slow ride or get some water in the belt housing?
generaljls likes this.

The Difference Between Men and Boys is the Price of there Toys!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
A little bit of everything, Ronnie but nothing that extreme. I will pull the cover off the belt today and look inside. I see a lot of people in RZR forums saying they had belt issues with these same codes so, we will see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talked to the dealer today. They said that the mid 2016's to the 2017's are throwing these codes when there is a hot spot or a flat spot on the belt. He told me that they will change the belt for me tomorrow and that should fix the problem (I'd do it myself but, I'm gonna let them provide the $180 belt!!). His explanation was that when the belt "slips" a tad it throws the machine a little out of sync and then the misfire codes are thrown and the machine goes into limp mode. They are going to check and see why (or if) there was a slipping problem and get me back up and running at 100%. Getting the belt changed tomorrow then it will be put to the test Thursday through Sunday at Brimstone in Eastern Tennessee! Can't wait. I'll update y'all on the results!
RockinRonnie likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Be sure to break the new belt in correctly it will last a long time!

The Difference Between Men and Boys is the Price of there Toys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris General 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page