3" lift installed - Polaris General 1000 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

3" lift installed

Hello All. Came across an issue this weekend and wanted to throw it out there. I had ordered a SuperATV 3" lift when I bought my Premium but after doing a little more research found that this kit changes the suspension geometry so went back to the dealer and asked them to swap out for the S3 3" lift instead. Kit came in Friday and I brought it home and unboxed it. The kit came with front brackets but the rear only came with 3" round spacers that go on the Fox shocks. Obviously the Premium (nor the Standard) come with these shocks. Went back to the dealer and confirmed that S3 only has the one part number, had the techs look at the instructions and kit and they agreed that it wouldn't work. Took home the SuperATV lift and got it installed relatively easily. Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen this issue and also wanted to make sure that if you're looking to do a lift this may be something you want to inquire about ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 11:07 AM

Garage
I'm glad you brought this up. Mine is getting built right now with S3 3" lift and arched a-arms. I bought the base model. Since I'm not doing the work on it I wonder what they'll have to do since what you're saying is that it won't work with the base model shocks. I may give them a shout today and see how they're coming along with it. It's waiting on the cage completion to send everything to powder coat so may they've test fit it and have it all worked out.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM

I went from the stock 27 inch tire to 30s snd gained exactly 3 inches of lift. Easiest lift on the market.�� My machine went from 12 inch of ground clearance to 15 inch of clearance.

Last edited by boombastic; 07-18-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastic View Post
I went from the stock 27 inch tire to 30s snd gained exactly 3 inches of lift. Easiest lift on the market.�� My machine went from 12 inch of ground clearance to 15 inch of clearance.
Just so I'm clear... I have a Deluxe. Which brand 3" lift is the easiest to install and gives as close to 3" as possible?

I also plan on 30's after the lift.

Sent from my mobile device
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post
Just so I'm clear... I have a Deluxe. Which brand 3" lift is the easiest to install and gives as close to 3" as possible?

I also plan on 30's after the lift.

My assumption is that the S3 would be easiest to install as there are no rear brackets to install.

Skidz, let us know what they tell you about the lift, I'm very curious.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not to be argumentative, but going from a 27" diameter to a 30" would only gain you a 1.5" height gain, correct?
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 08:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cku123 View Post
My assumption is that the S3 would be easiest to install as there are no rear brackets to install.

Skidz, let us know what they tell you about the lift, I'm very curious.

I will. I'm not sure how soon I'll know something exactly. But I talked my salesman earlier and he told me they'll test it before it goes to powder coat since they're waiting on the cage. And they're off on Mondays so no one was there today. Maybe within another week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cku123 View Post
Not to be argumentative, but going from a 27" diameter to a 30" would only gain you a 1.5" height gain, correct?
That's 100% correct. I assumed he meant bigger tires plus a lift.

To get a full 3" lift from tires alone would have to be 27" to 33".

Trapper likes this.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 AM

When I measured the stock height with my 27 commanders, it was 12 inches at the bottom of the floor boards,,,,,after I
It the 30 inch zillas on, it measured 15 inches. I also measured the height at the bottom of the rear hitch and in stock form it was 12 inches and after the zillas it was 15 inches. My last measurement was the top of the roof which was 73 inches after it measured 76 inches. I didnt like the zillas cause the was too much tires squirm and it was just a bit to high to fit into my enclosed trailer. I now have a set of 28 inch black water ITP tires. And all measurement are up one inch from stock height and the machine can now fit it my trailer.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
When I measured the stock height with my 27 commanders, it was 12 inches at the bottom of the floor boards,,,,,after I
It the 30 inch zillas on, it measured 15 inches. I also measured the height at the bottom of the rear hitch and in stock form it was 12 inches and after the zillas it was 15 inches. My last measurement was the top of the roof which was 73 inches after it measured 76 inches. I didnt like the zillas cause the was too much tires squirm and it was just a bit to high to fit into my enclosed trailer. I now have a set of 28 inch black water ITP tires. And all measurement are up one inch from stock height and the machine can now fit it my trailer.
Hmm. A 3" taller tire would only net you 1 1/2" in height.

Like was said, not to be argumentative but that makes no sense.

Glad you measured before and after. The proof is in the measurements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris General 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page